Prolouge

Disclaimer: I do not own haikyuu. This is for entertainment purposes only. I hope you enjoy my story.

The lead of this story is you, POV throughout the chapters is yours.

—————————

I never thought that I'd see him again. The guy, who made me numb, emotionless, and unfriendly.

I walked past him, disregarding his eyes on me. Why is he even looking at me? Do I have something on my face?

I passed through them and went to the other side of the court. They all smiled when they saw me. It's been a year since I became the manager of the Inarizaki Volleyball Club.

"Y/n-chan! Whatchu doin' here? I've been looking for you." I felt an arm snaked onto my waist.

"Stop it, Osamu. If Kita-kun sees you, he'll be mad at you again." He quickly removed his hands and made a peace sign.

"Y/n-chan, your ex is here. Do you want us to beat his ass? Me and Samu will protect you from that jerk." Atsumu said

"Just keep your focus on the court, twinies. You don't have to protect me from everything. Just win for us, okay?" I went beside our coach and mind my own business.

As the game started, I wrote down the important things, like what we were missing from the other team, what we should improve on, and how many spikes and receives we missed.

We won the first set 27-25; the game was probably between the setters. It was intense. I gave them their jugs and handed them towels.

They're already tired because of the long rallies. Nekoma is good at receiving and blocking, the second set will be tough. I hope we win, though. I heard that they're betting on something that our team wants.

Maybe I should ask Kita-kun or Suna-kun after the game. "We can win this; we need to. So that old man won't bother us joining their plays," Kita-kun said before going back to the court.

I don't get it! What are they betting on? Who's forcing them? Should I ask the coach already, or maybe later? I'll focus on the game first; I should clear my mind right now.

The game is going well and intensely; it's too good for a practice match. No one wants to drop the ball; the floor is getting wet from their dripping sweat.

Yaku-san received the ball smoothly, Kenma set it, and Kuroo went for a quick. But Suna-kun managed to touch it.

"One touch," he screamed. They received it, and Atsumu is setting it for Osamu; he is approaching perfectly. But— "Samu!!"

I ran towards him, he slipped when he was approaching. "Are you okay? Where does it hurt? Should I bring you to the clinic?" I asked him while calming myself from the panic.

"Hey, I'm fine. Keep calm, okay? My hips are hurting though," he said while Tsumu was helping him to get up.

"You should sit first. I'll go and get some ice. Don't you dare move a thing or you'll be damned." I glared at him before leaving the gym. I looked back and noticed that a pair of eyes were staring at me for almost a minute now. He's creeping me out.

I got back from the clinic with an ice pack and salonpas on my hands. They are now in the third set, and Samu's absence will result in decreased offense.

"What took you so long? I'm hurt, you know?" He whined when he saw me walk towards him.

"I went to the other building to get you some ice. Now, let me see if you had a bruise." I pulled his shirt up. What a body! It's... I'm out of words to describe it.

"Hold this ice. You got a bruise, but it's just small," I assured him. "Just tap it with ice, okay? I'll just get your towel so that I can wipe your sweats."

I'm just sitting beside Samu while watching the game intensely. He pulled me closer and put his head on my shoulder. I'm not shocked, though, because he always does this when he's tired.

"Give me the ice; I'll patch the salonpas." He handed it quickly. "Thank you, y/n-chan. I'm sorry for the trouble," he said while acting cute, but he's really cute.

"It's okay, I'm doing my job. Come here, just rest." I put his head on my shoulder and focused on the match. Nekoma is in the lead with 23–21.

The game continued and ended with Nekoma winning 31-29. I got up and cheered them up because of their faces. It can't be painted.

"Hey, you fought well. You did a great job. C'mon put on some smiles; it doesn't suit you guys when y'all are sulking." I want them to remember our motto, which indicates that we don't keep memories from the past. I hugged them all.

"Me no hug?" Samu asked. "Eh? You always hug me without my consent, so I'm not giving you any. Bleh." I laughed when he rolled his eyes. We gathered around and thanked Coach Tarou and Coach Kurosu, we went to the other side and thanked Nekomata-sensei.

I was about to turn my back when Nekomata-sensei called me. "Oh, y/n-chan. You looked healthier than the last time I saw you. It was when you were resigning as our manager. Well, I guess we'll be seeing each other more often." He smiled and laughed. I just smiled and was about to ask what he was talking about when a pair of arms clung to mine.

"Y/n-chan, we're hungry; let's already," Atsumu whined. I bowed to Sensei before getting tugged by the twins. "Geez, you guys! Always clinging to me like I'm your mom."

They all laughed, and even the coaches joined them. I acted like I was upset, and they pulled me into a group hug. Their being like this means they want food already.

"Fine, I'll make Onigiri. Just don't destroy things on my penthouse, please." They all cheered and ran like kids. I bid goodbye to the coach. I was about to go out when I heard someone talking about me.

"It's good that y/n's happy."

Okay, I hope that you enjoyed the prologue. Please let me know if I have any typos that I haven't noticed.