Chapter 13

Harry's POV:

I woke up to the sun shining into Maddie's room, making me groan. I looked down to see Maddie curled up into my chest, making me smile. She was beautiful! She was a living angel to me, and that was new to me. Suddenly my face fell, I needed to go see him today.
I gently lifted Maddie off of my chest and slid out from underneath her and placed her back down on the bed, placing the duvet back over her. I quickly got dressed, careful not to wake Maddie up. I felt so bad for just ditching her, I didn't want her to wake up and wonder where I was. After I slipped on my jacket, I walked back over to Maddie and crouched down beside her bed watching her breathe in and out as she slept. She was gorgeous, I could watch her all day. But he would be waiting. I gently placed a kiss on Maddie's forehead and walked over to her window, quietly opening it since I couldn't walk downstairs and out the front door. I looked at Maddie one last time, taking her in before jumping out the window and landing on my two feet.
I dusted my hands off, brushing them on my thighs before walking round the back of her house and out to the front and down the drive. I walked to her house last night, so I didn't have my car. I headed off down the road in the direction of where I was meeting him, the person who made my life living hell for half my life and still hadn't left. I turned off the road and onto the Main Street which head into town, my hands kept in my pockets. I stopped as passed the familiar building of where I used to work, the little bakery. I looked into the window since it was a Sunday and the bakery alway shut then and looked at the counter I used to work at, it was my past this place. I shook my head and continued walking, not wanting to see my past anymore and turned a left into a dark alleyway.
I passed a man, downing a bottle of vodka, bags under his eyes and grey stubble on his face. I carried on, my feet stepping in a puddle and the splash echoing throughout the alley walls. I then turned a quick right, leading into a smaller and darker alley, the place I knew too well. That was when I saw them, the hooded figures the smoke caused by cigarettes, I knew I had the right Gang. I stopped, hearing the gang laughing as the smoked away, bottles of beer in a few of their hands. I coughed, making them all turn my way, a few gasping at my appearance.
"Harry? Is that you?" A female voice gasped, I watched as a hooded figure pulled down its good revealing the familiar blonde haired girl, her mouth hanging open. "Hi Perrie." I mumbled, not smiling or anything. All the others pulled down their hoods, revealing all my older gang mates, dangerous in their own way. "We've been waiting for you Harry." Luke said, licking his lips and smirking. I glared at him, making him glare back. "Where is he?" I asked, making Luke chuckle. "Who?" I could feel my temper slowly rise as he tried to play dumb. "You know who Luke." I snapped, making Luke smirk. "Calm down Harry, don't loose the temper of yours." I heard the same voice I heard one year ago, the harshness still heard in it.
I watched as everyone stepped aside, revealing the familiar person who ran this gang. His blonde hair was ruffled and his navy eyes were piercing into my head, making me boil. "Thought you would have chickened out Styles, surprised to see you here." He chuckled, revealing his teeth with his smirk. "You asked me to come here, you said it was important." I hissed, glaring up at him. "Charlie." I hissed his name, I couldn't stand it. Charlie shook his head, rubbing his chin with his hand. "I know her Harry." He whispered, walking closer to me. I suddenly felt sick, he knew who? Please tell me he didn't know about Maddie! "W-who?" I asked, glaring straight at him. Charlie raised his eyebrows, amused by my reaction. "You know who." He laughed, crossing his arms. I looked around me to notice the rest of the gang had circled around us, leaving me and Charlie in the middle. I turned back to face Charlie properly, furrowing my eyebrows. "Who is she?" I demanded, "Who do you know?!" I yelled, growing angry. Charlie raised his eyebrows. "Well a little birdy told me you like a girl!" Charlie laughed. "Her name I heard was Maddie? Maddie is that right?" Charlie asked, but I knew he already knew he was right. I clenched my fist and glared at Charlie, clenching my jaw too.
Charlie chuckled again, circling me himself as I remained standing in the same position. "And Maddie, is rather important to you isn't she?" Charlie asked, knowing the answer already. "Maybe." I mumbled, looking at the ground. "I'm sorry what did you say? I didn't hear you?" Charlie cooed, putting his hand to his ear. "I said MAYBE!!" I shouted, my temper reaching it's limit as I hurled myself at Charlie. But as I was about to reach him I was forced back, my arms being held back by two boys called Sam and Jordan. The pushed me so I fell to my knee's, still gripping my arms behind my back. Charlie chuckled, walking over to me and crouching down and grabbing my jaw to make me look at him. "She's the reason you quiet the gang, she's the reason you turned soft?" Charlie whispered, I gulped making Charlie from. "It's true." His whispered, standing back to his full height. He looked around at the gang. "Harry Styles has turned soft for a pretty little girl!" Charlie yelled, making the gang all laugh. "SHUT IT!" Charlie yelled, the gang falling silent. "I will tell you something." Charlie whispered, pointing towards me. "No one, leaves the gang for a stupid female. No one. And here's what happens when they do." Charlie chuckled, walking towards me. Sam and Jordan pulled me up so I stood up and still held my arms behind my back. Suddenly the wind was knocked out of me as a fist connected with my stomach. I groaned in pain, not able to fall to the floor since I was being held up. Charlie lifted my face, punching me clean in the jaw and punching me again, making me yell in pain.
After a few more punches, Charlie stopped. My body was slightly weak as I hung my head down, unable to fall to my knees. Suddenly a foot connected with my lower parts, making my mouth form into a 'O' shape. I yelled in agony, blood from my nose getting into my mouth. "Drop him." Charlie ordered, and straight away my arms were released, my body falling to the ground from weakness. I lifted my head up slightly as Charlie crouched down, his annoying smirk on his face. I wanted to smack it off, but I was hurting to much. "Aww poor little Harry, wants Maddie to kiss him better?" Charlie cooed, sticking out his bottom lip. I built up the courage, and spat blood onto his face. Charlie raised a hand to his face and wiped his eyes, glaring down at me. Suddenly a hand connected to my face, sending a constant sting in my cheek as he slapped me. Charlie grabbed a handful of my hair and lifted my head, so I gritted my teeth in pain as he did so. "Listen here pretty boy!" Charlie hissed, spraying spit at my face. "We will find your precious Maddie, we will take her and we will kill her." Charlie hissed, dropping my head so I laid back down again. "You better be prepared, she's in deep danger." Charlie said lastly, before clicking his fingers and him and the gang walked off. I waited as I heard their echoing footsteps disappear as I pulled myself up, hissing in pain. I could taste the metallic flavour of blood in my mouth, I could feel blood dripping from my nose.
Maddie was in danger, and I was the reason for it. I wiped my mouth, before spitting out some blood. I needed to protect Maddie, whether it was the last thing I do....