{3}

You were up late, you did as much research on the Devaronians as you possibly could. You wanted to know everything, their strengths, their weaknesses, how much energy they normally had, ect.

You set the holo tablet down when you heard a ring at your door. Your body tensed, who was here? It was late and you were in a motel. You grabbed your blaster off of the table and quietly walked to the blast door. You checked the outside using the holo pad on the right that controlled the door. After viewing the camera you sighed, seeing it was only Greef Karga.

You opened the blast door and holstered your blaster. "The hell are you doing here?" You asked and he grinned and practically invited himself in. "Glad to see you're back Y/N!" He said, the blast door shut behind you as he walked over to the table. "I'm not back, don't take this as me coming back." You corrected him as you followed him into the room.

"Well, Bossk told me why you're here. And I have information on the Devaronian you're after." He said and you immediately sat next to him, full attention towards him. "His name is Olick Hucc. He's a long time Black Sun member. And wanted by the Guild." He said and you nodded, "But why would he take my boyfriend? Carmen has no relations to the Black Sun or even the Guild. He doesn't have debt and isn't a laborer for anyone else." You said and Greef shook his head. "I'm not sure, Carmen could have information on something valuable to the Black Sun if anything." He theorized and you looked down at the table in thought. "I don't know, I've been with Carmen for 2 years now and he's never mentioned some top secret information he has." You said and Greef raised an eyebrow. "Maybe he never mentioned it to protect you." He said and you felt your heart sink at the thought. "Do you know where he's staying?" You asked and Greef nodded. "He is here on Nevarro, but he's on nearly the other side of the planet where a Black Sun campsite is." He said and you stood up. You had to get to Carmen, now.

Greef grabbed your wrist. "You'd be going into a suicide mission." He warned and you tightened your hand into a fist. Greef was right but you had to save Carmen. "Be patient, I have someone on their way that could help." He said and you nodded and sat down, defeated. "Why are you helping me?" You asked, curious as to why he would if it was just a personal mission.

"Y/N you've saved more of the Guild members than I can count, and you've completed nearly every mission you've ever went on. If anyone were to stop Olick it would be you." He said and you nodded. "I've been out of the game for awhile though, Greef. I don't think I'd be ready." You admitted and Greef shook his head. "That's why Bossk told you about the training center. Go there. Use it to your advantage. The woman who will help you is coming tomorrow. You'll meet her then." He said and you nodded. Greef got up and looked at you nervously. "Just don't die. I know you're not really back but, you're a good person Y/N." He said and you nodded, you swallowed and felt your throat get a little tight.

You watched as Greef walked away and out of your room. You looked down, back at your holo tablet, you looked at the flickering screen where a picture of a Devavorian was popped up.

What would Olick want with Carmen?

_____________________________________________

You woke up early the next morning, even though you did go to bed fairly late you felt a little better with some rest. You as well wanted to go and get some training done before you met up with this other person Greef Karga had called.

You grabbed your items, they weren't very much just some weapons and your holo tablet. You walked to the training room, and saw it was in use by what looked to be younger hunters. They watched you for a moment before returning to their training. You took a slot and activated the program to begin your training.

Droids began to enter your slot and charged towards you as they fired their blasters. You easily evaded these blasts and pulled out your blaster, you shot the droids straight in their mechanical heads and they fell to the ground.

More entered, and this time it was over a dozen. This didn't overwhelm you, you'd been in situations like this countless times.

The room began to shift, blocks moved up from the ground and some stuck out from the walls to provide cover. You used it to your advantage and ducked for cover.

You shot down several droids before one reached your position and grabbed you by your neck. You wasted no time taking out your vibro sword and moved your arm upwards, slicing the droids arm just below the elbow.

You fell to the ground and then used your leg to sweep the droids legs after which you hopped up and stabbed the droid with your vibro blade in the chest.

You didn't keep track of time for how long you trained, but you were able to immediately jump back into the fighting scene again. It was mostly muscle memory but some of it was like therapy in a way.

Once you finished you moved a strand of hair from your sweaty forehead. You holstered your blaster and turned around to see a woman there. She was very muscle-y and had short black hair. A smirk lay on her features. "You must be Y/N." She said as she outstretched her hand to shake yours. You returned the gesture and shook her hand with a nod. "I'm Cara Dune, Greef Karga called me, told me about your situation." She said as you walked with her out of the training facility.

"Thank you for coming. I know it's probably not something you'd like to be doing-" You were cut off by Cara turning to you, she had a smile on her face.

"Any chance I get to kick some ass is a chance I'll take."