"Here," he said, entering a room. Nobody was in the training room yet so It was just Finn, Audrey, and I. The room was plain black and dark just like the other training rooms. There was a rack of knives on the wall and Finn went over and asked me to pick one.

I studied the knives carefully and settled on a small black one with careful designs etched into the hilt and a shiny silver blade. It matched my bow. It was simple. Audrey pulled out hers. It was a long golden blade and had rubies and emeralds stuck to the hilt making it look painful to hold. Finn took out his knife, which was light blue with a single diamond in the center of the hilt. The blade was a bright silver like mine.

People were starting to file in. Audrey crossed her arms and moved slightly closer to us. Finn pulled me to the front of the room. And Audrey tried to follow.

"Audrey. Stay back," Finn told her. Audrey gave him a hurt expression but did what he told.

Finn put his arm around me again and I squirmed away. He didn't seem to care. Instead he just held my hand, and I tried the best I could not to sweat on him.

Once everyone was in class the door was automatically closed. I looked around to see that everyone was staring at us and whispering. I gulped and pulled my hand out of Finn's grip.

"Silence!" Finn called, and I jumped. The sternness in his voice surprised me. Everyone stopped whispering and turned toward him.

"Today we have a new student, Eila West," Finn said, gesturing to me. I waved awkwardly.

"Today's lesson will be on knife throwing and sword fighting," Finn told everybody, earning cheers.

"We'll be starting at training center five," Finn said, pointing to a part of the room, and it lit up. Training center five had fake humans strung to a wall. Next to it was a roped off area where people did sword fighting. Everyone looked there in intimidation.

"Eila and I will be at center one to give her her entrance test. If you have any questions ask Audrey," Finn said. Audrey looked at him with surprise, only to see his attention was elsewhere. At Finn's signale everyone went over to center five. Finn led me to where center one must be and when we stop a light flickers on. I heard grunts and splatters of fake blood behind me and shivered.

"Okay. First we will test you on your knife throwing," Finn told me, barely audible. I nodded.

"Try hitting that target," Finn told me pointing to a target that was only a few feet away from us. I took my knife and positioned myself as I once saw Everest do. I looked at the target and aimed. I let the knife go and it hit the bullseye, and sliced all the way through the target.

"Woah," is all Finn said, as he retrieved my knife.

"Try that one," Finn said pointing to one slightly raised. I hit it perfectly.

"Beginners luck," I mumbled. Finn nudged me with his shoulder.

"Your forgetting that we're fifth elemental. There's no such thing as luck," Finn said. I looked away.

He continued to test me on targets and I hit them all perfectly. Even the moving ones. I tried to ignore Finn's surprised gasps every time I hit a target. Then he told me to hit the fake person. I aimed and... missed. I couldn't do it. It looked too much like an actual human and there was no way I will kill a living being. I couldn't if I tried. I also didn't want to live through the fake explosions of blood when I hit it.

"Try hitting it again," Finn ordered. I shook my head.

"Why not? Are you tired? Do you need a break?"

"No. I just... I can't kill,"

"It isn't real,"

"It looks real," I mumbled, embarrassed.