Chapter 13

Ciaran's P.O.V.

Today Weasley, Andromeda and I had Defense against the Dark Arts after lunch with the Slytherins, like always. Thus we entered the classroom to find,.... MOONY?! I froze shocked. He smiled when he saw me. "Now class, have a seat. You all remember me from your third year. Am I correct?" The class nodded. "Well then you must all be wondering how the ministry is allowing me to return." The class nodded. "Well the Ministry has allowed me to return so long as Madame Pomfrey has a supply of Wolfsbane on hand. Your parents have already been notified." He told us. "Now today we will be practicing the Patronus Charm. Harry, care to demonstrate?" I nodded and came forward. I raised my wand and thought of my happiest memory. I remembered the day I returned home, and as I gave the incantation, I watched as a white dragon burst from my wand. It gave a mighty roar, and it spread it's wings and flew around the room. I noticed Draco smile, and the weasel frown, confused.

"I thought your patronus was a stag." He drawled.

"Well a number of things can change your patronus. From emotional trauma, to falling in love to huge life changing or character affecting events." Andromeda listed. I nodded.

"Good, Twenty points for Gryffindor for the explanation and forty points for the corporeal patronus." Moony beamed, Lions clapped and snakes groaned. 

"Now to create a patronus, you must focus on your happiest memory. The happier the better. The patronus is used to counter the effects of a dementor, who feed off happy memories. Your patronus acts like a shield, and also causes the dememtor to flee from the pure joy it emanates." Moony explained. "Now spread out and practice." He instructed and the students spread out. I watched as Andromeda after a few tries conjured an otter to erupt from her wand. Pansy after about 15 minutes caused an almost identical otter to appear. Weasel created a mist, he was simply unable to create anything that resembled an animal. I silently laughed. I turned and watched Dray conjure a dragon, identical to my own. I pulled out my wand and cast my patronus, allowing the two dragons to interact like the two otters were. Students conjured mist and a few conjured animals such as horses, rabbits, snakes, eagles, dogs, cats even pelicans and peacocks. The bell rang signaling the end of class. Suddenly I heard a shuffling in the walls. 

:Masssster! You mussst come quick. Your hatchling isss agitated, we cannot calm him: I burst into a run, reaching the chamber in less then a minute, Draco close behind. I opened the Chamber door and I could hear Kovus's cries. I spread my wings and glided down the staircase and across the training floor to the mouth of Salazar. Using my bracelet I opened the wooden door and ran up the spiral staircase until I reached the living room. Which is where Kovus was sobbing. A few smaller basilisks sat around him. I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug. He soon Quieted down as I shushed him. Draco came and sat by me. 

"What's wrong Ko?" I whispered. He suddenly gripped my robe like his life depended on it. 

:He wasss napping and I wassss watching him when he ssstarted sssscreeeeaming: Kovus's breathing evened out, and I knew he was asleep again I ran my fingers through his hair, allowing him to rest.

It must have been a nightmare. I was still getting them too, but never told anyone. We couldn't really do anything about it. Draco wrapped his arms around me, pulling Kovus and I into his chest. I sighed and buried myself, the nightmares kept me up, and I found myself falling into a peaceful sleep, safe in Draco's arms. He noticed my droopy eyes.

"Sleep love. I'll wake you at dinner." He sighed. I barely managed a nod, not caring that I was going to miss Potions and Transfiguration. I fell asleep.