Chapter 1

Hey you guys!

Thanks so much for checking out my story! Just to let you know, I am looking for someone to design covers for me so if you're interested, please let me know. :)

So without further ado, let me proudly introduce:

Mate? Dude, I Won't Even Be Your Roommate...

Enjoy!!

************************************

Chapter 1

One glance. That's all it took to see what my new boarding school had forced on me. You see, I had just signed in and was assigned my room. As it turns out, not only have my roommates been living there since last year, all the girls dorms had already been claimed - a little detail the computers didn't catch before they accepted one last female. So instead of sending me home and losing my tuition money, good ol' Arucrad-Thorn Academy booked me here. In the guy's dorm. However, they 'forgot' to do one little thing.

They didn't tell me about it.

*

Forty-seven... forty-eight... I skipped happily down the dimly lit corridor. Hmm, I pondered, it's a little dark in here. "Well no wonder!" I cried, my voice echoing all around the deserted dormitory. Since it was a month before most students come back from summer break, I'm pretty sure I was one of the only ones in the building; ready to move all of my crap in. Glaring around, I saw there were huge windows all down the hallways, wrapped up in black Italian wool drapes; successfully sealing out all sunlight.

"Stupid freaking boarding school," I growled out before going down the hall and flinging open all the embroidered curtains. Watching my normally honey blonde fringe blaze into a golden sunflower yellow in the streaming rays, I gave a triumphant grin and continued on to find my room.

Room number ninety-eight; here I am. My room was on the fifth and final floor of the dormitory building... and with no student elevator access, I was about to get in the best shape of my life. The towering door in front of me was just like all the other doors on this level - golden and vault-like. And instead of the huge spined wheel, there was a simple keyhole - the same one I was now impatiently jabbing my large, antique-looking key into. "Open!" I snarled, jamming a little harder. With a weak click, the lock finally gave way and allowed the door to cleanly sweep inward. My curiosity getting the best of me, I shoved it the rest of the way and raced in. Oh my gosh...

The probably once-gorgeous room looked absolutely trashed.

I was going to have a serious talk with the girls that lived here. There were slices of ancient pizza decomposing on the rug by the massive flat screen, cans of everything scattered on tables, couches, floors, and propped up against their many game machines (the cans being either crumpled, whole, full, unopened, or half empty and spilling their contents in all directions); and the clothes. Boys' clothing (along with some girls') was plastered against anything and everything. Clearly used boxers were stuck to the side of the TV, shirts and socks cemented to the floor by dried soda, polka-dotted bras and panties were hanging off the couch and kitchen chairs, and there were even pants poking out of the refrigerator. And right there, dumping out of the freezer, down the fridge, and across the kitchen tiles; was their capsized army of every ice cream flavor under the sun. Dirty dishes, the food and other crap now a permanent fixture of the plates, were haphazardly thrown into the sink (some of them broken), stacked in wobbling towers on the counters, and in leaning columns on the floor - all sealed down by the drying Moose Track ice cream.

Don't even get me started on the smell coming off of all this. There were rotting doughnuts drooping off of the crystal chandelier and something that looked like a lump of cheese (though it was kind of fuzzy now) lay discarded right in front of an unused trashcan.