Chapter Fourteen: Changes

Start from the beginning

Bakugou is tempted to say 'no,' but knew Eijiro would kill him if he did. "I had a stupid movie premiere, and when we got back, he ended up falling asleep."

There's a low chuckle on the other end of the phone, and a different voice comes through. "Sounds like Midoriya."

Uraraka gasps. "Wha- Todoroki, how did you get in here?!"

"Midoriya gave me the key a while back, remember?"

"Please, when has Midoriya ever remembered to tell me something important?"

"Fair, I suppose."

Katsuki clears his throat. "I'm gonna go," he grumbles and hangs up before Todoroki, or Uraraka gets the chance to speak.

Kirishima smiles widely, he was glad Midoriya had good friends, even if they were more than a little odd. When the redhead glances at Katsuki, though, his face falls. "What's wrong?"

Bakugou grimaces. "How much did you hear of Midoriya and I's conversation?"

Kirishima winces, he had heard pretty much all of it, and a selfish part of him wished he hadn't. Midoriya's story made Eijiro irrationally angry towards Shigaraki, and the redhead tried not to think about it too intensely. "Enough."

Bakugou grits his teeth, glad he didn't have to repeat any of what Midoriya had told him. So much of his story kept repeating in his mind. Still, a foolish question kept appearing with it. Did Izuku find Katsuki woefully weak for not telling him about America sooner? It was a stupid train of thought, but one that never seemed to end nonetheless.

As if sensing the two people were thinking of him, Midoriya slowly opens his eyes, his vision bleary. He was exhausted, and his limbs felt strangely oppressive, yet when he glanced at the old analog clock above the T.V., his eyebrows shot up. "Shit! I need to get home! Did I even turn off the lights? Ugh, my neighbors are going to hate me!" He sits up, blushing when he realizes he had been sleeping on Kirishima's shoulder, immediately feeling embarrassed.

Katsuki narrows his eyes. "That was the most crackheaded thing I've ever seen."

Midoriya, despite having just woken up, doesn't miss a beat. "'Crackheaded' isn't a word, if you must insult me, please use proper grammar."

Eijiro grins from ear to ear, as his boyfriend growls at Midoriya. Happy to see things were at least back to semi-normal standards. His eyes lock on the two, arguing males in front of him.

Midoriya sticks out his tongue before straightening. "All jokes aside, though, I seriously have to go home. I told Todoroki that he could stop by to pick up something that I apparently never gave back to him? Honestly, I can't even remember, but I need to get back." Izuku ruffles out his hair, hoping it wasn't too insane.

"You're not going anywhere," Bakugou states. He couldn't believe the dumbass was even considering leaving at midnight.

Kirishima nods, the thought of Midoriya leaving made his stomach uneasy.

Izuku shakes his head. "Nope, I'm pretty sure I am. Unless kidnapping people is the new celebrity craze."

Eijiro frowns. "Uraraka called, she's home right now, so it should be fine."

Midoriya's eyes dilate, and he turns to stare at Kirishima. "Oh no, I'm definitely going home now. If I don't, I'm pretty sure the teasing will never end, and I'll jump off our apartment's balcony just to escape."

Katsuki grabs Izuku's wrist gently, trying to ignore the feeling the interaction gave him. "You're going to drive safely?" He demands.

Izuku nods, saluting Bakugou with his free arm. "Aye! I have new headlights and an amazing vision, so it'll be fine!"