Four | Demise

+

+ Princess of Death ++

"So, you're the convict whose soul is cloaked with vile darkness," I said with a cold tone, "And you have the nerve to put a smile on your face? Such a shameless sinner."

I grimaced, wielding my sword and placed its sharp blade an inch away from his neck.

"Your soul can never enter the gates of heaven. Instead, you will be dragged down way underneath the soil of your grave. You will be forever engulfed by the flames of your sins. For I, Demise, the princess of Death, sentence you to a lifetime of regrets in hell," My eyes dilated in mockery, "Any last words?"

But the creature didn't even move a muscle despite of the threats. It remained smiling, its two teeth protruding. I stared darkly at its big round eyes.

Silence.

A long, annoyingly tedious silence.

I wearily grunted as my shoulders sagged. Padabog kong binato ang mabigat na espada.

"Of course you can't speak! Why am I even talking to a toy?"

Pouting, I jumped on my bed, hugging the lavender-colored plush toy which covers over half of my body.

"How was that, Mr. Tabudi? Should I call myself the 'princess of Death' from now on? I think it suits me really well. What do you think?" As expected, hindi ito sumagot. I just shrugged and hugged Mr. Tabudi more.

For hundreds of years, I've been living alone in this gothic-themed manor situated at the top of the highest hill on an island that I like to call Neitherland. The island was neither on the realm of mortals nor the realm of the dead. My father, Thanatos, confined me here for some mysteriously unknown reasons.

Hindi niya sinasabi sa akin kung bakit hindi ako pwedeng lumabas ng isla. Though the island was surrounded by endless vastness of black ocean, kaya ang tanging paraan lang para makalabas-pasok ay teleportation. Sadly, I can't teleport like my father and his grim reapers because I'm half human.

Yup. Death had been a whore and 'accidentally' impregnated a human. And viola! Hello, Demise!

I was completely indulged in the softness of Mr. Tabudi's fur when someone cleared his throat.

Nagmulat ako ng mata and there I saw Fidiel standing across the room in his emotionless façade. The highest rank grim reaper was wearing his usual black trench coat, black pants and black boots. On his right hand was the latest model of Ipad.

"What brought you here, Fidiel?" bagot na tanong ko.

"The industry is facing a crisis, Miss Demise. More and more ghouls are attacking our grim reapers to steal the collected souls," his cold deep tone echoed around my room.

"And?"

"The council wants conclusive solution."

My eyebrows shot up. "Then why are you reporting this to me? You should do your job and fix your problem."

Fidiel fixed his crisp tie. "That's the point, Miss Demise. Article 10, section 5 of the Grim Council Constitution states that external threats or attacks do not appeal to the council's scope of responsibility. Our sole job is to collect, assess and segregate souls prior to their judgement... only."

Napaayos ako ng upo sa malawak kong kama. I looked at him, completely irritated.

"Seriously? What kind of law is that? Who created that rubbish constitution?!"