Her strategy worked after all.

"I can imagine. She tripped over and those monstrous knives roll into her belly and the stage shed in blood!" Raya whispered into Meena's ear.

"Shut up Raya! You're scaring me!" Meena jogged her with elbow, warning her not to say anything unpleasant any further.

"I know you can do it, that's why I chose you. Only you have the potential to make it happen. I know it's gonna be so hard but I know, you can own this knives under your perfect toes."

Nile nodded her head constantly, never diverting her eyes off of Mrs. Park. Her statement had a strong effect on Nile. She could sense the impact had set fire to Nile's eyes because the way they were sparkling vastly.

"I have to make it, I have to make it worth, worth my hard work, my everything."

"That's my girl. Always remember our motto,"

"Stretch to the end." Nile replied looking deep into her drilled blue eyes. Mrs. Park smilingly ambled back and stood still.

"I hope that you all are not disheartened by my decision. And also, I believe you will cheer your member very well. So, that's all for today. See you soon."

With that Mrs. Park left off. All the members congratulated her on their way while leaving the practice room.

"Best of luck Nile." Meena mockingly said.

"Yeah best of luck. Hope you won't tripped off and the knives don't get inside you." Raya said with a disgusted, scornful tone.

"None of your business bitches!" Mei defended.

"Shut up you chick!" Raya glared at Mei.

"Thanks for your cautiousness Raya. But I don't think you would like it if I drive the knives into you, right now, right here, will you?" Nile retorted in a sulky voice which grew uneasiness in them as the two took a terrifying glance from the big sharp blades before leaving the room without making any pin drop single sound.

"That bitches! Anyway, Nile?"

"Hm?"

"Are you, sure about this?"

Nile looked at Mei questioningly then upraised such a small scoff.

"Why? What's wrong?

"No, it's-it's just, this knives, you know,"

Seeing the agitation on her features Nile's face softened as she faced her placing her hands over her shoulder.

"Mei, you're my friend right?" Mei nodded.

"Then don't worry, I'm gonna make it, for real. Just encourage me girl, that's all I want from you, okay?" Nile softly smiled down at her. Mei felt a little relieved and showed her a large smile despite the worries.

"I think I'm gonna stay here for a little longer. Guess, you have to go alone."

"You're going to practice? With them?" Mei pointed her finger to the shoes in Nile's hand.

"Mhmm."

"Okay. I'll leave you then, bye."

"Yeah bye."

Before leaving the practice room something stopped Mei on the way. She paused on the track for a second then turned around and quickly ran back to Nile. Within a blink of an eye she lavished her tightly. Her sudden action caught Nile completely befuddled.

"What's up with you all of a sudden?"

"Nothing. Just know that I love you." She pulled back and said tilting her head to the side.

"You're so cute Mei. I love you too. Now go and let me practice." Though she was not the type of person who kept up being with soft replenish but she couldn't resist Mei's loves for her.

"Yeah I'm off to go, BYE."

Mei left. Nile sighed shaking her head thinking about Mei. How Mei became the second person who found her and befriended with her so easily, after Hobi. Suddenly his name made her face reflexed in pensiveness. She abruptly shook her head not wanted to remember any of the bitter memories. A tremble sigh left out. She again pulled her all attention to the deadly implement in her hand.

It was almost 14 inch in length. The stainless blades were strong and jagged. The handle was wrapped up with a rusty reddish brown leather which attached with the golden pointe shoes so tightly. Every time she flipped them over the sharp blades shone immensely. She carefully laid her thumb on the edge of it. She could feel the dreadful sharpness against her thumb skin. All she could imagine about, was the crystalized diamond swan crest in her hand, the high pitched applauses from the crowd as the judges announced her name.

Interrupting her overwrought thoughts, a familiar voice reverberated through the silent air. The same light, joyful, manly voice.

"Don't do this."

🍂

🍂