One, Murthy was anything but the sweet person he was portraying himself to be. He trusted his mother to handle it while he could give his inputs after going home. Next was Murthy as Nandini's father. There was something going on between them as he heaped praises on his daughter. After their college anniversary function and later their interaction at the parking lot, Cabir knew it was all an act but he couldn't confront Nandini in front of all the people. Last and the most important one, Nandini was as affected by Manik as Manik was with her. There was an instant change in Nandini's mood when Manik didn't deny knowing her in front of Nyonika again. He could work on this right now.

"You said you have two kids?", pointed out Nyonika.

Cabir was the least interested when he started to their 'meeting' place and Nyonika promised him to try for them to escape as soon as she can after the formalities. Right now, he wanted nothing but to stay in the middle of the drama because it's their head girl and his 'special' friend. If things went according to his plan, she was going to be much more than just his special friend and he wanted to know everything about her because Nandini hardly let people into her personal lives.

"You have met my kid, Nandini. There's maggie", said Mr. Murthy. As on cue, a dog jumped in his arms as the Murthy couple started cooing at it.

"We have never differentiated between my two kids", said Mrs. Murthy.

"Right", muttered Nyonika to herself.

Cabir realized she was having as hard time accepting the scene in front of her as him. He glanced at Nandini and found the same confusion on her face. He was torn between laughing on her face and punching something in general, someone in particular. Cabir thought probably vibes were real because suddenly Mr. Murthy was uncomfortable in his own house as if he realized Nyonika might catch some of his lies because the next thing they know, they were sitting in the dining room having lunch with the Murthy family.

Lunch was a quiet affair. If Cabir expected a drama, he was very disappointed. Manik and Nandini were good at pretending as both of them answered the questions thrown at them by any of the three elders. Cabir had so many thoughts running inside his brain and more than often he found himself cut off from the conversations of his surroundings. When Mr. Murthy joked about his absent-mindedness, Nyonika came to his rescue saying one shouldn't keep food and Cabir in the same room and expect him to participate in a conversation. He knew he would have to answer to her about his behavior but at present, he flashed his teeth at her.

After the lunch, Murthy asked Nandini to take Manik and show around the house, completely ignoring Cabir.

"Cabir, why don't you join them as we discuss the business. Anyways, you didn't want to participate in official stuff", said Nyonika. She glanced between Manik and Nandini and then at Cabir asking him to keep an eye out for them.

Cabir nodded before standing up with his brother. Nyonika was coming around to trust Manik's safety with Cabir and letting him make his own decisions. The eager look on Murthy's face to send Manik alone with Nandini might not sit well with Nyonika. Cabir would have concentrated on it if he wasn't eager as well to avoid the Murthy couple.

XXX

As soon as they reached a room, Nandini closed the door and rounded on them. "No beating around the bush and come straight to the point. What the hell are you two doing in my house?", she asked.

"Your dad invited us for lunch", told Cabir and grinned as she cursed under her breath. Straight to the point answer. Her disappointment just added to his suspicions.

"Do you read?", asked Manik.

They followed his line of sight to find shelves of books at a side of Nandini's room. The wall against her bed had all the photographs of her with Abhimanyu and Mukti starting from their childhood. There was one picture frame of some old couple but Cabir waved it off because they couldn't be her parents. There was no sign of her parents in her room.