7. Unedited

Hello Fam :)

I am traveling and will return back in 7-10 days. I won't be able to update during this time. This chapter is updated in a hurry and hence, not edited. I will edit it once I am back. See you soon. :)

Happy Reading...

The next day morning, Abhimanyu and Nandini got ready for their college. As both her friends, Abhi and Mukti, stayed at her house sometimes, she had spares of both of them in case. They were walking down the stairs to go to their college when they were stopped by Nandini's parents, who were sipping their morning coffee in their living room, surprising Nandini. She mostly manages to leave before her parents wake up after their late-night meetings, which she privately dubs as parties.

Her mother smiled sweetly and threw a quick glance at Abhimanyu before turning her head towards her daughter. "I didn't know my daughter is too grown up to bring guys home. A late-night party at home?"

Nandini chuckled. How very expected, she thought to herself. "Abhi, start the car. I will be there in 10."

Abhimanyu, who knows better than to argue in the Murthy household, left with a curt nod, ignoring both the elders.

Nandini casually shoved her hands in her pockets and waited till her best friend was out of hearing range. "And I didn't know this house is solely on your name? Seriously, stop acting as if you are seeing him for the first time. It's almost 10 years, we have been friends. He has been here, even for night outs, a countless number of times already."

Her mother shook her head. "Nandini, love, the Thakkar boy isn't of our standards. You should already use your brains in choosing your friends."

"Yeah, true. Abhimanyu isn't of your standard. But again, I doubt anyone would be of your standards", she muttered.

"Murthys have a legacy to carry on and if you keep on making friends with every other guy on roads, you will spoil it yourself which I don't think you would want to."

Nandini snorted. "Some legacy you guys are maintaining, yeah?", she said. "Before using your precious words about other families, remember, not everyone can afford rich parents and inherited wealth without working. And are you really questioning Raman uncle? Didn't that company of yours lose its recent contract to his?"

Mr. Murthy, who was silent till now, crossed his arms after keeping his coffee mug down. "Nandini, this isn't the way to talk to your parents. Let's do this again", he said, throwing his fiercest glare towards his daughter. He ignored when the said daughter rolled her eyes. "How shameless are you to bring boys home?", he said, repeating his wife's question from earlier.

Nandini threw her hands in disbelief. "How dramatic can you guys get and it's not even 8 in the morning? Listen, I don't sleep with every guy I talk to. If that's what you wanted to know. Keep discussing about me. Unless some, I am not jobless. I have a college to attend. So, bye."

She barged out leaving her furious parents behind.

XXX

As soon as she climbed the car, Abhi grabbed her hand. "Are you fine? Did they say anything? I shouldn't have come to your place yesterday. I didn't even ask you."

"Dude, that's my house as much as it's theirs. My friends don't need a reason to meet me. I am not avoiding you for some unwanted people", she told him.

"But-"

Nandini cut him off by squeezing his hand. "Abhimanyu, they didn't surprise me." She rubbed her head for a moment before muttering. "Can we bunk the first half?"