25. The Queen strikes back

Hello Fam :)

Thank you for all the comments on the last chapter. I was damn sure about Nandini but you accepting Manik means a lot to me. Those waiting for Manan, guys, sit back and witness the drama unfold. :P

A/N - I am planning to update the sequel of Crazy Best Friends. I have written only 7 chapters but if I am posting it, can I get the ideas if you have any? I am out of them. I know the ending though so, do you want me to post it? Is anyone interested? Let me know. 

Special note - People along the west coast, are you alright? 

Happy Reading...

Nandini woke up with a start. She took a moment for herself and made a mental note of the plan to be accomplished during the day. She didn't notice the time until there was a call on her mobile. It was Abhimanyu.

"Are you coming to college?", he asked.

The question brought a smile on Nandini's face. The boy had been fretting over her since yesterday, resulting in all the text messages on her phone.

"Yes, I am. I have some work to finish off", she said.

They agreed to meet at the college. Nandini sent a quick text to the principal asking him permission to meet him before getting ready for the college.

XXX

Nandini had a meeting with the principal and she was more than happy to skip her chemistry class. The professor had already started the class when Nandini strolled into the class along with Mukti and Abhimanyu. While she went to him to pass on the message to him, her friends slipped inside the classroom without his notice.

The Professor glared at her. "You are already late by half an hour and now you want to pull another student out of the class. What kind of a head girl are you portraying yourself in front of the students?"

Nandini took a step back and gave him a tight-lipped smile. "Let me reframe my request again. I have a meeting with the principal for which I need Manik Malhotra along with me. Here's the permission message for both of us from him. Thank you for your cooperation."

She showed the message before shoving the mobile inside her pocket. Throwing him another smile, she turned to Manik's place. "Malhotra, meet me outside the class right now." Without giving a chance to anyone, she stormed out of the class and waited for the boy.

She heard the professor screaming at Manik from outside the class and a minute later the boy appeared outside with his bag hanging from his shoulder. She half expected him to protest about missing the class or getting screamed at by the professor but he surprised her by saying none.

"Did I do something again?", he asked.

Nandini raised an eyebrow. "No. But you will do something for me now, right?"

"Anything", he said, without missing a beat.

Nandini smiled at his eagerness to get things back to normal. "Follow me."

XXX

Harshad was sitting in front of the principal along with two of his cronies when Nandini and Manik reached the office.

"Nandini", called the principal when he saw her, "I have called these three on your request. Would you tell me what this meeting is all about? Manik, have a seat."

Nandini took a seat and noticed the sweat beads on Harshad's head while the other two were panicked. She understood Harshad forced them into his plan but turned her attention to the principal when he gasped.