Chapter 9| Contract

Start from the beginning

"Sure." he replied looking pretty dazed.

I got up on my feet, smiling his way again before leaving him in the court and headed to my dormitory.

A part of me told me I was rushing into this because I barely knew Christopher, but then again all that mattered was that I liked him and that was all it was going to take.

But I swear if Suzan found out about this, shit was going to hit the fan.

~~~

Christopher

I got back home in a good mood.

Annabelle was definitely beginning to grow on me. To me, she was like an addictive drug, I just couldn't get enough of her. Her feminine scent, her brown eyes, her long strands of curly hair, her curves, her perfect smile which brought out her perfect dimples...

fuck!

I came home fantasizing all about her. My smile died on my lips when I met my father and Aunt Lydia, his fiancèe in the living room.

"Good afternoon sir." I greeted with a stoned face.

It took a while before I recovered back my manners.

"Um, good day ma'am." I faked a smile at her.

"Sit down Chris." my father said, motioning for me to sit. "We want to have a word with you."

I hesitated for a second, trying to figure out what this was all about but then settled down on the comfy chair as instructed and darted a glance towards the lady.

She was a model and fuck was she worth that title. She was a beautiful thirty-five years old woman but mere looking at her would make one think she was in her mid-twenties. She had her hair braided into long twists that reached all the way down to her shoulders.

She was ebony, her chocolate brown skin giving out a shiny glow. I reasoned she gymed a lot by the way her tummy flattened in the blue jumpsuit and the thin waistband did well to emphasize her curves. Oh wait, of course she was into fitness. She was a model.

Her small feet peeked in the black wedges she wore and back to her face, it showcased purely African beauty. Oval face that held perfect clear deep brown eyes, perfect short flat nose, perfect angular cheeks, perfect sumptuous lips and perfectly arced jawline.

My scrutiny lasted only a few seconds so I wasn't gawking here. She was beautiful and I just found that hard to admit. Her hands were locked possessively in my father's and my heart sank to my bowels. Judge me.

"We wanted to let you know that we understand how you feel. I... We think we've rushed into this, so we're willing to wait until you're-"

I saw where he was going with this so I cut in.

"It's okay, father. I'm fine with you marrying Aunt Lydia. I understand that you would like to move on so I definitely won't be an hindrance. I, um, can see you're both happy and if you're happy, so am I. If you're worried about last time, I was only in shock."

My father's eyes twinkled as he smiled at her, then at me.

"Come here." he motioned to me as he stood up, wrapping his arms around me as I got up too, and I caught the smile on the woman's face as she watched us hold each other in an embrace which happened as often as once in a blue moon.

_____________

Shortly after, I was back in my room. Room, sweet room. The one other place I cherished the most.

I dropped my backpack and flung myself on my fluffy bed. Memories of Anna came hurtling back and I promptly realized that things were going well for me these days to which I hoped there were more of where they came from.

It had been decided that Aunt Lydia would be staying with us till their small wedding next year and I was sort of looking forward to knowing her better.

My birthday was also coming up in December, just two months away. The only problem was that I met her today. I had been so shocked and so had she, but she had immediately masked her expression with a killer look which meant she still hated my guts.

I met her in the school cafeteria during lunch break and the tension had been quite unbearable. She'd subsequently casted a disgusted look my way and gone the other way. I'd briefly debated on going up to her to apologize for what transpired between us in the past but I soon dismissed the idea. The animosity was mutual.

I wondered why I was seeing her in school just today but some people preferred to resume school the third week so it was no particularly strange thing.

Days flew by really fast and December was approaching like an unexpected guest. Anna and I have been together for a month now and almost everyone in school knew that. I liked her, really. For once, I liked someone genuinely and that was a miracle in itself.

Her dimples that sunk perfectly into her cheeks, her drugging scent, the way she looked at me like she couldn't get enough of this ravishing sight, her glamorous beauty...

Everything about her gave me a fucking undeniable thirst. Craziest part was that we've made out like crazy. Boy, was she slowly drugging me to my death.

Daniella didn't seem to be giving up on her romantic pursuit as she stuck with me like a leach everywhere I went. Suzan, on the other hand, had outrightly been avoiding me.

My past relationships had always mirrored something like a contract. They gave me their body while I gave them my time and I had never had a girlfriend for more than a month before I dumped them. That might qualify me as a playboy but one thing that didn't was my stated disinterest in staying committed to any of them.

Some of them had fallen for me anyway, hoping they would be able to change the way I felt about them. They've been very disappointed.

At least, I was different from Kelvin who promised heaven and earth to girls and dumped them right after sleeping with them. I wasn't that callous, my mom was a woman too.

In Annabelle's case, I couldn't seem to let go. Simple math: I lose her, and I'm a goner. We made out countless times when we were alone but I never asked for more. I didn't want to seem to be with her because I wanted her body, like most of the other guys. Well I wanted it but not too soon to look like a fuckboy.

Thing is, I could sense her discomfort even though we had not openly discussed the topic, and so I was willing to take things slow so as not to scare her off.

Basically, we were two people who understood each other and we were so much alike in many ways. We were two very brilliant students in class, we were both biracial, we both hated salad, we loved chemistry... Just so many things that made us Olsen twins.

Aunt Lydia had been a nice person so far and she looked good with my father. What made me gravitate to her was her wanting to know more about me and the hot gossips she wanted to hear about school. If you've guessed where I'm headed with this, yes. Yes, she had gotten to know about Annabelle.

She also managed to talk my father into throwing me a birthday party. She'd let out a ghastly gasp when I told her I've never had a real birthday party. Hinting from her enthusiasm, she seemed like the party type and she wanted me to have nothing but fun on my seventeenth birthday.

She made it incumbent that I invited my friends and classmates which of course included Anna, and Kelvin who would be coming down here from Lagos.

And for the first time in a long time, I couldn't wait for the twelfth day of December.

Vote and comment♡.