16 - The Little Changes

Ate Via's happiness was skyrocketing at an all time high after I recounted to her everything about Rhys's sudden visit to my house kaya 'di na rin ako nagtaka when the next update revolved around that.

We agreed to replace the vital details like his family problems, though, syempre out of respect for his privacy. I didn't wanna be a dick and betray his trust behind his back. Lalo na ngayon na there's a higher possibility that he could get wind of the story, with all the shared connections we have. Kung mababasa niya man, I didn't want him to think that I sold his private information to my friend.

I didn't think he's the type to get upset easily but I saw him as someone who valued trust and confidentiality the most. Now that we had a deeper knowledge of each other, I wanted to respect him and his feelings more. I wanted to be a good friend to him, now more than ever.

Our last conversation was, in truth, a revelation to me. Not only did I get to see more sides of him, I also got the validation I was lowkey wanting to hear from someone. It was a good feeling to know na may nakakaintindi pa rin pala sa 'kin. That I wasn't really that out of touch with the rest yet.

After we talked, everything turned one-eighty for me. It was the catalyst of all the changes I wanted to have, a reminder, an added fuel to my already burning motivation.

It made me remember all the plans I wanted to do but kept putting on hold due to my doubts. But now, my conviction to pursue them was empowered and renewed.

After that night kasi, I became even more engrossed and anal over the self development that I was looking to have.

Over the couple of weeks that followed, I planned out the changes that I wanted, little by little, starting sa pinakamadali muna. And my first line of action was to revamp the way I look to tailor it to my current taste.

I totally embraced Marie Kondo and overhauled some of the clothes I didn't want anymore. I was done with the dark, heavy colors I owned and donated them to those in need. And then slowly, I replenished my wardrobe with the style that I liked at the moment. I was going crazy for the 90's fashion for a while now, so goodbye to those skinny jeans and hello to mom jeans and plaid trousers. Following suit was the removal of my warm toned crop tops.

Yeah, I totally turned my taste around.

Now, instead of warmer colors, my cabinet was filled with peach, rust, mustard, and brown tops and dresses. There were a few pastels thrown in there too for balance.

After I was content with my wardrobe, it was time to focus on the big guns—my hair. I was growing bored seeing the same medium-length brown hair over and over. I wanted something different. Something completely me. A huge change.

My company was lax naman sa hair colors so I went all out for my first hair revamp. It took me time to decide on a color but when I found what I wanted, I was head over heels in love with the idea.

I just had to do it.

Before my friends could even know what I was doing, I was already rocking a short wavy platinum blonde hair with pastel purple, blue, pink streaks as highlights. I looked like a total candy girl, but I loved it. It went with the style I loved.

It took a month to get the hair that I wanted but it was well worth it. The girls were naturally shocked by it.

The boys even more so.

And Noah didn't bother keeping his comments to himself as soon as he saw me.

"Tangina, Callie. Did a unicorn pee on you or what?" Noah said, his wide eyes never leaving my hair, as I sat across him. Beside me was Joaquin, quietly eating his pasta.