Chapter Nineteen

Mulai dari awal

"Thank you."

"Come here."

I gestured taking her in an embrace. I kept her in my arms making sure she feels secured and in no time she was fast asleep.I changed our position into a comfortable one. Placing her head on my thighs as she slept peacefully. With my thump, I wiped the tears that still remained on her face before drifting into thoughts on my revenge of those ungrateful bastards who were unappreciative of having an angel like Emily."

I watched her sleep peacefully gushing over her beauty. I pondered over what she told me and all that she has been through. I was distracted by my phone ringing. The ID showed Lisa, my assistant. I carefully replaced myself with a pillow so her head was lying on the pillow rather than my thighs and I walked outside to answer the call.

"What is it Lisa?"

"Sorry Shawn, I missed your call."

"Yeah I called to inform you that I wouldn't be able to come back to the temple for the rest of the day so kindly cancel all the scheduled counselling I have for today."

"Okay, anything else?"

"No that should be it."

"I will be preparing dinner today, mind coming around? we can even get some action tonight."

"Lisa, I am a priest and I will never give in to your temptations. I have told you countless times that nothing will happen between us. The earlier you get that into your thick skull, the better for you."

"I know you are a priest and I also know that you are with some kind of slut right now. So why can't it be with me? Am I not sexy enough for you?"

"Listen, we are not having this conversation now, not ever!"

"But Shawn......"

"Father Fritswald to you...Now I will appreciate it if you will go and do what I have asked you to do. Remember, I am your boss and you will address me as such."

This girl doesn't give up. I should have fired her the first time she made advances on me. She is so good with her work and she looks holy on the outside but spoilt and rotten on the inside. If I had fired her, Father Matheo would have made it an issue because she was already working at the parish before I came. Moreover if I tell him the truth he wouldn't believe me, no one would. She is a good actor and like I said she behaves so holy that she could pass off as Holy Mother Mary.

I checked on Emily to make sure that she was still asleep before walking out to get us some food. I returned an hour later hoping that she was still asleep but she wasn't anywhere in sight. I searched the room for her and just as I was about checking the bathroom, I heard her talking to someone probably on the phone.

"I know Aaliyah and I am so sorry.I know how my presence there would mean so much to you but I can't be here any longer not even for a day. Please forgive me, I will make it up to you I promise."

There was a long pause before she started speaking again. "Yeah I will take care of myself. Don't worry I won't do anything stupid to us."

Us? who and who is she talking about?

"No Aaliyah, I don't want you to go and fight them. I am done with them for good now. Their evil conscience will reward them in time. Just leave them alone. I am just glad I got to know their plans before they could harm me."

"Yes ma'am I will call you everyday if that's what you want. I wish you the best in your marriage. I love you. Bye Ally."

I quickly went back into her room and for the first time since i entered, I saw a half packed suitcase on her bed which convinced me that she was indeed leaving. I knew this would be the best for her and for me but there was this strange thug on my chest. Perhaps it's because I haven't had my way with her yet. I made a mental note to sort that issue right here and right now.

I heard the door to the bathroom being closed and even though my back was turned to it, I felt her presence behind me even before she spoke.

"Oh I thought you are gone"

"I went to get food for us. I know you haven't had anything to eat."

"That is so thoughtful of you. Truthfully, I am starving Thank you."

I set the food before us, both of us wasting no time to dig in.

"So you are leaving?"

"Erhhh?'

"The suitcase, are you moving away?"

"I have no choice. Living here has become uncomfortable for me so I have no choice than to leave."

"What if I tell you that I love you, will you stay?