11

"This is what happens when I leave you alone for more then ten minutes." Kenma shakes his head as he sets the ball for Chura.
The two stayed after practice to talk but Chura asked, more like begged, him to set for her so she could practice. Chura just explained to him everything that's happened the past three weeks.
"Technically we haven't talked since I arrived in Tokyo." Chura squats down and bumps it directly back to him.
Kenma catches the ball, staring at it with a frown.
"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you before Yaku found you." He pauses, "I didn't think he'd run off to find you after the game ended."
"It's not your fault. I should've talked to you sooner too." She takes a seat on the floor, leaning back on her hands as she looks at her best friend, "You knew he started to like me?"
"Well..." Kenma sits crisscrossed in front of her, "When we saw you again at the last training camp, everyone kept talking about you and how they missed you but Yaku was always in wonderland whenever you were mentioned, getting defensive when Lev blurted out how pretty you were."
"Lev." Chura giggles, shaking her head.
"He's a handful." Kenma sighs before looking at her again, "So what's up with you and Kageyama? I know you guys fought yesterday but today he ignored your presence and even tried hard to serve at you."
"Honestly, I didn't think he'd get this mad after I called him out. He wasn't as mad last time and I said the exact same thing... so I don't get it." She frowns, looking at her lap.
"You said two people think you like him, right?"
"Well, I have the feeling Akaashi thinks I do and Kiyoko said I would "look good" with him." She looks at the boy, "Why?"
"Do you like him? Kageyama, I mean."
"Eh?! I-I um d-don't know w-what you're talking a-about!" Chura scratches her head, giving an innocent smile.
"How long?" Kenma deadpans, tilting his head to the side.
"Gee... I don't even know. I've always been attracted to him, but then again there's a lot of attractive guys in volleyball, not gonna lie. But I guess there's something about him that makes me want to... hold onto him tighter than everyone else." She looks at ball that's lying on the opposite side of the court.
Kenma's eyes widen. 'She's that deep...?' He doesn't think she likes even Yaku this much.
"But now you have to choose." Kenma sighs, causing her to frown when she looks back at him.
"How am I supposed to choose when they're all part of my heart in different ways?"
"I'm part of your heart, am I in that bunch?" Kenma raises an eyebrow.
"Kenma, you know it's different. Everyone else is my... family loving part, including you. Them... is my significant other loving part? That sounded weird." She shakes her head, pursing her lips.
"What's weirder is your choices. Except Akaashi, maybe."
"What's wrong with my taste in men?! I have excellent taste!"
"Are we gonna bring up the time in middle school you had a crush on Kuroo-"
"Never bring that up again! Those were the dark days." Chura warns, causing Kenma to chuckle.
"I'm tired. Let's eat then head to sleep." Kenma stands up and a hand out for his best friend.
"Fine. But I'm sitting with Karasuno tonight for dinner. You can sit with us so you can talk with Hinata!" Chura suggests as she accepts his hand.
"Alright. I'm fine with that." They begin to walk to the cafeteria, "Hey, the duo is talking to each other again, huh?"
"Hmm? Oh yeah. According to Yachi, the two argued a bit more after I left but it was odd. Kageyama said he wanted to practice on his own to set better for Hinata and that's how they made up, to put it short." She pauses, "But if they made up, I don't see why he hasn't came to apologize to me." She frowns.
"Hmm." Kenma looks at the ground while they walk, thinking.
A crowd of girls laughing catches the two's attention. Chura's eyes wander over them, eyeing the name on their shirts. Nekoma. But they're not just any Nekoma girls, they're the girls volleyball team.
"Chura." Kenma seems to also realize who they are and pulls her back the other direction when one of them gasps.
"Well, look who it is. It's her highness!" One of the third years voices.
Chura tries to continue walking away but another girl scoffs.
"Oh, now you're ignoring us? Can't you see we've missed you... Captain."
"You never treated me like I was your captain, nor a teammate. You have no right to say you miss me, even if it's just to tease me." Chura turns around, walking towards them with an accusing finger.
"Relax, Chura! We were just trying to have fun!"
"You also don't have the right to call her Chura." Kenma speaks out, glaring at them.
"Oh? This is supposed to be your knight in shining armor? Where's Yaku when you need him?" The girl who likes him smirks.
"I'm right here." Yaku comes up beside Chura, making her eyes widen in surprise.
"Y-Yaku-"
"Don't forget, you have more than one knight in shining armor, Chura~" Kuroo wraps an arm around her shoulders, making her glare at him.
"K-Kuroo senpai!" One of the girls blush but he stares at her with a blank, dark expression, making her squeak in fear.
"Yeah! Chura is the best ever!" Shibayama and Inuoka jump up in excitement.
"You think you can mess with our Chura?! I don't care that you're girls! If you have a problem with her, you'll have to deal with us!" Yamamoto makes a scary face at the girls.
"You know, if Chura had told us sooner what you did to her, you would've all been expelled." Kai smiles innocently, causing the girls to tense.
"We can still tell them, that'd be fun to witness." Lev smirks.
"Oh look. The principal is right over there." Fukunaga points to the right, "Let's go right now-"
"Girls, leave!" The team scrams in the other direction.
"Hmm? Fukunaga, the principal isn't here today. He took the day off because of some personal stuff." Yaku raises an eyebrow.
"I think that was the point." Kenma smiles a bit.
"My god, you guys. I love you all so much." Chura sighs in relief, turning around and hugging the nearest person, which happens to be Kuroo.
"I-I- y-you Ch-Chura!" Kuroo's ears turn red.
"Hey! I've never seen captain so red before!" Lev blurts out.
"I'm joining the hug!" Yamamoto jumps onto the two.
Within five seconds, everyone is piled on the floor, laughing till no end. Chura looks over at Yaku to see him already looking at her with a soft smile. She knew he had something to do with them all coming to find her, he must've started looking for her and everyone joined in after.
"Thank you." She mouths, causing his cheeks to flush.
"No problem." He gives an eye smile, making her heart beat faster.
"Alright, boys. I bet you're hungry. Go eat before those Karasuno dorks eat it all." Chura laughs "I heard that Fukurodani's managers were in charge of cooking tonight."
"Oh! Let's go let's go!" Yamamoto quickly embraces the grey haired girl before sprinting to the cafeteria with most of the team following.
"After telling us everything last night, most of the team couldn't sleep, Chura." Kai, one of the few who stayed behind, says once everyone else is out of ear shot.
"Especially ones like Yamamoto and Shibayama. We all care about you, so we were sad that it took you so long to tell us, especially cause these girls got away with it like nothing." Yaku sighs.
"You're still not gonna tell us who this mystery boy is that broke your heart and was part of the reason those girls attacked you?" Kuroo raises an eyebrow, smirking as he gets closer to her face.
Chura winces at the last part, knowing Yaku knows it's him. Yaku bites his lip, looking away but nobody notices except for Kenma who had been eyeing Yaku since Chura told the Nekoma boys everything.
"N-no. If you don't know who it was, then you're an idiot." She flicks the bedhead's forehead, causing him to stand up and hold his head.
"Ow! You're so mean to me, Chura!"
"You deserve it." She shrugs before nodding to Kenma to follow.
"I said I was sorry!" Kuroo pouts.
"Sorry isn't gonna cut it, Tetsurou." She smirks as she walks away, wrapping an arm around Kenma's shoulders.
"H-hey! S-She called me T-Tetsurou!" Kuroo looks at Kai with wide eyes, who only pats his shoulder in comfort.
"Chura!" Yaku runs after the two, waving.
"I'll go on ahead. It seems like he wants to talk in private." Kenma squeezes her hand before continuing on his way.
"W-Wait! You can't just- Kenma!" Chura groans, reaching out for Kenma but he was far by now.
"Chura? You okay? You look pale." Yaku looks at her with worry, "D-Did we scare you too?! Oh god! I'm sorry!" He bows in apology.
"N-no! Yaku! There's no need to bow! Please stand up!" She places her hands on his arms in panic.
"Chura..." he whispers, slowly standing up as he looks her in the eyes.
"Yaku...?" She blinks.
"I know it hasn't even been a whole day yet, but... how do you feel about me...?" He looks to the side in embarrassment.
"How do I feel about you?" She laughs a little, "Did you not understand that the boy in my story was you?"
"N-no I got t-that." His face becomes more red.
"Well... the feelings haven't changed." She smiles, "But I'll be honest with you..."
Yaku looks up at her in surprise.
"I do still like you but... I think.... I think there's someone else as well." She looks up at him with sad eyes, "And I don't think that's fair to you to tell you I'll fully commit to you when I... I can't even choose. I'm confused with my feelings and that's why I had been running away from you, so I apologize for that." She bows.
"I-it's fine. I get it! You didn't want to become more confused, right? But I just made it worse by kissing you..." he scratches his neck nervously.
"But I told you, that was the best kiss I've ever had. That's not a lie." Her cheeks redden.
"I'll let you go."
"W-what?" Her eyes widen at his words.
"I have a feeling you like this guy more than me, so I would have some tough competition." He smiles.
"Yaku..."
"I think I was too late at realizing my feelings. That's why I'm on the losing end. But that's alright. If you're happy, then so am I. That's how much I love you."
"You l-love m-me...?" Her eyes start to water.
"Mhm. It doesn't matter if it's like a friend or as a lover, I care about you. A lot. But if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, I'll always be here." His eyes shed a tear he didn't realize was already falling.
"You're making this so much harder, god damn it." She grabs his face and presses her lips on his.
Yaku instantly wraps his arms around her waist, both of them with tears running down their cheeks. Chura pulls away soon after, placing her forehead on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry." She whispers, sniffling.
"I'm sorry too. I've already caused you enough pain..." he whispers, gently grabbing her face and making her look at him, "Go for him. He'd be stupid if he didn't like you. Do you realize how many guys like you? Pretty much the entire population." He jokes, making her laugh a little, "What's stopping you now?"
"... I think he hates me..." she admits.
"What? Who in the hell would hate you?" Yaku's face turns serious.
"I-It's complicated." She bites her lip.
Yaku racks through his brain, trying to think of anybody would could possibly dislike her. It has to be someone from Karasuno, he just knows it. Is it Tsukishima? Nah. She wouldn't go for someone like him... His eyebrows furrow together before it clicks. He looks at her and his heart drops.
"Kageyama?"
She tenses, giving him his answer.
"But why him?" he tilts his head, trying to understand her choice.
"If I knew, I wouldn't be so confused. But it hurts how he's been ignoring me and glaring at me. I don't even know what I did wrong, Yaku." She frowns.
"Have you tried asking him?"
"I'm too scared to. He seems fine with everyone else, so it's obviously something I did without knowing."
"I can beat it out of him-"
"Morisuke Yaku, you would never beat Tobio Kageyama in a fight." She laughs, pinching his cheek.
"H-hey! Have some faith in me!" She laughs at his outburst, making him calm down and just smile.
"I wish I could've been the one, but I'm glad you found someone." He kisses her forehead, "Let's go eat. All this crying made me hungry." He laughs.
"I know! How odd!" She laughs as they walk to the cafeteria.
~
"Oh shoot! It's Karasuno's day to make breakfast!" Chura jumps out of her futon the next morning and scrambles out of the room to the bathroom, earning odd looks from the other managers.
"Oh! Good morning... Chura...?" Daichi waves as she speeds past him, tilting his head in confusion at her behavior.
"Why didn't Kiyoko and Yachi wake me up?! Why didn't my alarm go off?! If it did, why didn't I wake up?! Oh my god I'm gonna be in so much trouble!" Chura enters the restroom in a hurry.
When she enters, she didn't realize she entered the boys restroom so turning the corner she bumps into someone much taller than her, causing her to fall onto her bottom.
"Chuie?" Akaashi raises an eyebrow.
"Shit! I'm in the boys restroom! Sorry!" She starts to go back out but he grabs her wrist.
"There's nobody else in here. If you need to do something I can keep watch."
"O-oh okay! Thank you! I need to hurry!" She fidgets with her toiletry bag as she walks to the sink, trying to get out her toothbrush.
Her hands shake while she tries to put the toothpaste on the toothbrush due to the feeling of eyes boring into her skin. She knows Akaashi is still there, watching her instead of watching the door. She quickly does her best to brush her teeth in silence but the tension is killing her. Once she's done, she looks through her things to see what else she needs, mumbling to herself as she does so.
Foot steps walk towards her, causing her heart beat to fasten. What's he gonna do? Her eyes watch him in the mirror as he comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist, nuzzling his nose in her neck and closing his eyes.
"A-Akaashi..." her cheeks redden.
"You've been avoiding me. And don't deny it." He whispers, sighing.
"Have I? I didn't notice." She laughs nervously.
"Every time we're about to be alone, you make up an excuse to go away. Did I mess up? Did I push you away by telling you how I feel?" He asks, looking at her through the mirror.
"No... It's me. I'm sorry, Keiji. I can't do it." She frowns, looking at the sink, "I... I like someone else. But even if there wasn't someone else, I told you I feel so guilty. I just couldn't do it."
"It's Kageyama, right?"
Chura's eyes widen. How is everyone figuring it out?!
"I thought so. I had this feeling the other day that I lost to him. It was confirmed when you were angry at him the other day, but you didn't yell. You'd usually yell and that's when I knew. You've even yelled at me before... he's different..." he lets go of her waist, standing up straight, "It looks like I don't even stand a chance. He already won by a landslide."
"I'm so sorry..." she whispers, gripping the counter as she grits her teeth with her eyes shut.
Warmth presses against the corner of her lips, causing her to open her eyes in shock. She looks at her close friend, but he shows no expression.
"In another lifetime, I would've loved you so much more than he could. I still love you, so... if he hurts you, I'll be the one to pick you back up." He scoots closer so their noses are touching.
"A-Akaashi-"
"Chura!"
The two jump apart, Chura quickly packing her things up.
"O-Oh! Ni~ You're up early! And I should be helping the others! Gah! I have to go!" She looks at Akaashi, her mouth opening to say something but nothing comes out.
She starts to run out of the bathroom, her brother giving her a weird look, but she shrugs, kissing his cheek before continuing back to the managers' room. Koushi looks at Akaashi but Akaashi stares at the door she went out of.
"Why was she in the boys bathroom?" Koushi raises an eyebrow as he asks the remaining person.
"Oh." Akaashi sighs, "She ran in here on accident because she was freaking out. I think she forgot it's Karasuno's day for breakfast." He shrugs.
"Oh." It's quiet between the two before the door opens, revealing someone Akaashi really didn't want to see.
"Oh! Good morning, Kageyama. You're up bright and early." Koushi tries to smile but Kageyama just nods, staring at Akaashi as he walks further into the restroom.
"I-I'll get going then." Koushi turns around to leave.
"But didn't you have to use the restroom?" Akaashi raises an eyebrow.
"Y-Yeah! It's fine I can hold it! Bye!" He rushes out, causing the two to stare in confusion.
"The Sugawaras are definitely something." Akaashi shakes his head.
A scoff comes from the first year, making Akaashi turn to him with furrowed eyebrows.
"As much as I hate it, I agree." Kageyama enters a stall without another word.
Akaashi glares at the stall he entered, licking his lips. What's so great about him? It seems like he has something against her! No... they were fine the other day... Something must've happened... Akaashi's eyes widen. Did he find out they made out?