Slowly walking down hallways, and turning when he needed to, nodding at those that greeted him while they passed, Eren thought of nothing. His mind was blank, and he liked it that way.

He had become accustomed to having little to no thoughts often, as his mind, after the first year or so of surviving the outbreak, had stopped fully taking in all of the horrible shit that happened to and around him. That's why whenever his conscious mind would take a pause on its cognitive thinking process, Eren never questioned it.

'I mean,' he always reasoned, 'what is there to question?'

He thought it normal for his brain to block out the things it didn't want to in take, never really considering the fact that it might be unhealthy in any way.

He did, afterall, see the world at its constant worst. What was the point of registering something he had perpetually seen anyway?

Shortly after leaving the office, Eren had arrived at the room Armin and Mikasa were supposedly in. The door was barely open, but that didn't stop noise from within the room to spread like a wildfire.

Tables filled to the brim with people around his age were set up inside, and boisterous laughs and yells emitted from many bodies packed into that small room. People were drinking and eating, snacking each other on the backs with proud smiles and smirks. It almost made Eren feel...

Envious.

He wanted that. That carefree-ness that everyone in room he was looking into had. Yes, bits of the laughs and smiles were forced, but that was natural during an apocalypse. Even so, there was still this light aura about the kids sitting and standing around; it pulled at Eren's heartstrings ever-so tightly.

He wished so harshly that he wouldn't have to be a blank slate, so could just easily fit right in with everyone. He wished he could feel more then he was feeling then, and that only worsened once he spotted Armin and Mikasa.

Sighing, Eren grabbed onto the door handle, and only moved the door a centimeter in front of him, before he stopped and completely shut down on the spot.

Siting next to Mikasa, a beautiful young lady with medium length blonde hair and freckles was laughing and talking prominently. Eren was barely even able to compute what was happening, before said girl happened to look in his direction, and freeze in her place too.

Both of them stunned to the core and unable to say anything, nothing for only a few seconds, before Jean, who was sitting next to a brown haired teen with freckles spoke up.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing, Eren?!" Shaken up by Jean's words and the unbelievable sight before him, Eren jumped in his spot and accidentally opened the door fully in the process.

Stunned, the young blonde shot up in her seat and ignored Mikasa's protests once she had started walking to the door. Immediately flicking his eyes onto the blonde, Eren subconsciously started walking towards her at the same pace.

Unable to stop themselves, they sprinted towards each other, and once in the right distance, the freckles girl jumped into Eren's arms; the latter graciously catching her and being unable to hold himself back from smiling a small smile.

Laughing, the girl wrapped her legs around Eren's front and tightly held onto his neck; setting her head on her arm and continuing to chuckle to herself.

"I-I can't believe it's you...Yui," Eren stuttered, easily able to hold the shorter female in place.

Yui laugher a bit harder at this and picked her head up so she could look the other teen in the eye.

"And I can't believe you survived, Eren. I'm so happy and proud of you!" she exclaimed, gently unwrapping her arms and clapping her hands rapidly.

Letting his smile widen only a little more, Eren nodded and patted Yui's thigh, signaling for her to get off of him. Doing just that, Yui hopped in place once her feet hit the ground, and she stood there for only a second, before immediately tackling him with a hug.