I pulled my phone and went to his message. 'Nope you have the right number. ;)' I responded back. Maybe I should've came up with a lie, too late now. "What you say?" she asked as I showed her the phone. "Maybe I should've said I was busy or something?" I said as she shook her head. "Nah honesty is your thing so this is fine." she said as she handed the phone back to me. We continued to eat our snacks and watch TV. "Let me get a muffin. They look so good." she said salivating as she looked at them. "You ate both slices of your cake and didn't offer me none. Here ugly." I said as I handed her one. "I knew you loved me." she said as I shook my head. "Did he text back?" she asked as I looked at my phone.

  "Nope." I said shrugging. "Well that sucks. I was kinda hoping to see your reaction." she said as I tilted my head. "It would've been a normal one duh." I said as I tapped the side of my head. "That's not what your face said earlier." "Ma'am that's enough on me." I laughed. "Just saying." "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm going to take a shower." I said as I got up and headed towards the bathroom. I was kinda hoping he did text back too. Don't tell her I admitted that tho. 

A Week Later.  

  "I'm ready to goooooo!" Dira said as I laughed. "Sis, you just got there not even 5 minutes ago. Take a deep breath and relax." I said as she did just that. "Thank you so much baby. I guess you can say I'm still nervous." she said. "I know but you got this." "Thanks again. You on your way to work." "Yeah. I actually just walked in the door." I said as I spoke to everyone. "Well I'll see you when I get home. We cooking?" "Yep! Let's see what this kitchen can do." I said as she laughed. "Alright. See you later. Love you." "Love you too." I responded before hanging up. "You ready?" my manager asked as I nervously shook my head. Looks like I wasn't the only one nervous. 

  "You got the hang of things fast. You was worried for nothing." my manager said as he patted me on the back. "Never worked in café before, so I didn't really know what to expect. Guess it was all in my head." I said as we laughed. For real though, I was picturing many instances of coffee spilling on me. Way too many to be honest. It also made me more comfortable when he said I could speak English. "I understand. My first time was like that as well. Well even worse because we had a rush. The line was out the door. I swear I think I lost them more money then I made that day." he said laughing. "If you need me call. I'm about to change the filters in two of the makers." he said as I nodded. 

  I started to wipe the counter down, had sugar everywhere. "Hi how can I help you?" I said as I heard the door open. "Yeah may I have a vanilla frappe?" the person said as I looked up. Carlo. A smile ran across my face. "Anything else sir?" "Yeah. I would like the strawberry lemonade slush and the slice of apple pie." he said looking back at me. "Two beverages, you must be a bit dehydrated." I laughed. "Only one is for me. The rest is for a friend." he answered. "Oh. OK." I said as I continued to ring him up. He paid me the case as Raul brought his requested items. "Hope you and your friend enjoy." I said as I waved. "All right, you're finished for today. I got the rest. Ricardo just walked in. I'll see you next week." Raul said as I nodded my head. 

  I went to the back to change before heading out. I was stopped by Carlo. "Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to hang." he said as he held my wrist. "I thought you was waiting for your friend?" "I am and now he's off. So?" he said with a smile. That damn smile of his. "Sure." I laughed. "For you." he said handing me the frozen beverage. "Now how did you know I wanted this?" I laughed. "I have no idea. Just a guess." he said scratching the back of his neck. Luckily the pie was already in a container. He just grabbed that and a fork. I was about to ask if we were leaving but he already started to walk out the door. "Now how you just gonna leave me?" "I siad we were leaving. You just was standing there stuck." he laughed as I pushed him. "You almost made me drop your pie." he said as I lightly blushed.