"What are you supposed to be?" I playfully ask him. Even though he's not very close to me the spicy scent of his aftershave take over my senses.

He lifts his elbow to rest it on the back of the couch. Some black ink marked on the skin of his underarm peeking out of the sleeve of his t-shirt. "If I said me would that be good enough answer for you?" He smiles in response.

"Sorry to break it to you but before you talked to me at that party I had no clue who you were." I click my tongue against the roof of my mouth.

"I'm taking that as a no." He laughs. I draw my attention back to the table hearing the clink of the ping pong ball hitting the table. Liam picks up another cup and starts drinking. After a couple more tosses Tate is winning.

"You know what I'll make this easier for you. We're doing teams now." Tate taunts.

"Fine." He huffs. "Carter get over here." Liam garbles. I turn my head to see Carter get up and walk over to Liam.

"Teagan come hereee." Tate drags out.

"Nope pick someone else." I shake my head at Tate.

"Why not?" Tate pouts. Carter redirects bis eyes over to me.

"Afraid to get beat?" Carter teases.

"No." I exasperate. "Fine only the rest of this game and you'll be the one drinking." I get off the couch making my way over next to Tate.

"Same goes for me you're doing the drinking," Carter says to Liam.

"Why aren't you drinking?" I ask scratching behind my ear because my headband is irritating me.

"Because I have to work out in the morning and I'm not in the mood to workout hungover." He answers me holding the ball. "Why aren't you drinking?" he returns the question.

"Because I don't want to get sloppy drunk," I answer thinking about the first time I got sloppy drunk. I couldn't even remember what happened the night before. The outfit I was wearing that night was not the same one I woke up in. The most I will become is buzzed and on the verge of becoming drunk. Never full on again.

"Fair enough." He says tossing the ball into one of our cups. "Drink up." He smirks at Tate.

"Finally some real competition." Tate bashes Liam.

We're almost done with the game when Jen strides in dressed up as Harley Quinn. She sees us and then walks through the crowd to get to us. "Hey guys," she says over the loud music standing next to me I return a hi back and Tate just nods. Tate says she gets a weird vibe from her. I haven't felt weird around her and neither has L. Jen has been nice to Tate so I guess I'll see how this unfolds between them.

Tate throws the ball for the last time making it directly into their last cup. "I made it easier for you and yet you still lose." Tate gloats to Liam.

Liam holds his hands up in surrender. "Okay okay, you win."

"Didn't know you had good aim," Carter says to me impressed.

"Well, this isn't my first game." I shrug.

"It's okay I'll get you a drink to make you feel better." Tate teases pulling on Liam's arm dragging him to the kitchen leaving Jen and I with Carter.

Tate pops her head out of the kitchen. "Teagan do you want anything?"

"No, not right," I respond.

"C'mon just one you'll feel better if you have something to drink." Tate pleads I mean I didn't come here to be sober the whole time.

"Fine just get me a rum and coke but more coke than rum." Tate smiles at me giving me a thumbs up. I tense under Carter's gaze. Suddenly I feel like I'm under the spotlight. Normally people would like that but not me. I hate it. I turn my head to look at Carter. "What?"