What happened?

"Danielle!" I heard my mother. My father ran to me, looking angry.

"You're mother's hurt!" Dad yelled. "Get your lazy butt out of bed and help her!"

"Don't!" Mom said. I rushed out of bed and was on my crutches.

"Hurry up!" Dad yelled. The scream was from Mom.

(Warning: Graphic Content)

Mom had a gunshot to her stomach. She was dead.

"Where did this happen?" I asked Dad.

"In front of the hospital," Dad hesitated. "See what you did!"

"Shut up," I took a crutch and hit him with it. The security guards took him and killed him. Dad caused the shooting in the front parking lot.

I moved to the front entrance. It looked like nothing happened. Something had to.

"We just took in 4 people that have been shot out in the lot," I overheard a nurse say. "I hope the man learns." I turned around at the front desk. I saw Grumps and Grandma.

I rushed over to see them. Grumps was my grandpa, who was always grumpy.

"We're thankful you're ok," Grandma said. She hugged me. "Your Aunt Kara has decided to adopt you," Awesome. So I get to transfer out of my current High School to go to a larger High School.

"Kara said she's coming," Grandpa said. "We came to pick you up,"

"Oh, ok! I'll go get my things!" I said with enthusiasm. I scrambled back to my room and packed as much as I could.

Katie and I were orphans. I'm sure she would be getting adopted too.

Aunt Kara walked in.

"Hey," She said. "Sorry I wasn't here this past week, I had to work, but I'm resigning. Yesterday, I went to transfer you out of school. Your principal seems very nice."

"What school am I going to?" I asked.

"You start at Prewoodley next month,"

"How many students?"

"Roughly 1,984." That's more than my High School. Kara took my suitcase that Mom and Dad packed for me into her car.

"The funeral service is in 3 days," Kara said. I was aware that it was.

5 hours later...

I left the hospital, happy to be back with family again.