Waking up stronger

"Wake up!" Mom said. I opened my eyes like how people do in the movies.

"You made it," Dad said. I smiled.

"Look down at your leg," Mom said. It was amputated. I guess the crash caused an infection to amputate it. I had a robotic leg on.

"Can I go see my friends?" I said.

"Go right ahead," The nurse walked in. I grabbed my crutches and went to Sophie's room. There was just a bed. I scrambled my crutches and went to the front desk. I saw her parents, they were crying.

"Excuse me?" I said. "How's the varsity volleyball team doing?"

"All the coaches are dead, managers dead, 9 out of the 14 players are dead,"

Sarah, Lindsay, Taylor, Brooke, Chloe, Maddie, Sophie, Erin, Lily, Isabelle, Aria, Erica, Grace, and I. Who's dead?

"Danielle," Sophie's Dad said. "Come here," I went to him.

"Sophie's worse," He said. "Come see her," I walked in her new room and sat down.

"Soph," I said.

"What?" She groaned, waking up. She knows it's me. "Look, after you went unconsious on the bus, I told everyone that you should be rescued first and that you should be alive for Thanksgiving and Christmas, you deserved to be saved." She teared up. "I was blocked by the fire and I busted the emergency window open to throw you out. I yelled if anyone was with me, Maddie, Aria, Grace, and I are the only survivors that were rescued before the explosion. Then the explosion occurred. I ran to you to try to save you, but I didn't make it. Dani, I'm so sorry. Please," Sophie cried. I comforted her.

"If I die," Sophie cried. "You're going to be so lonely without me, you would be so sad."

"You're not going to die," I said. "Sophie, you're a strong girl, and you are expected to live, I love you too much to let you go,"

"I need to go see how Katie's doing," I went to her room.

"Hi Katie," I smiled. She smiled back. She was in a neck brace, and a leg cast.

"Hi Dani," Katie said. She has such a quiet and sweet little voice.

"I'm so sorry,"

"For what?"

"You being orphaned," I said. She teared up.

"I wished Dad wouldn't have passed away, you better just go, please." I went out of the room, feeling sorry for myself and regretting what I said. I went back to my hospital room.

"Hey, Mom," I said. "Can we adopt Katie? She's so sad without her mom. I feel so bad for this sweet girl,"

"Your father and I can decide," Mom said. "We have to go," Mom and Dad left. I saw Anthony, who liked me, looking for me.

"Anthony!" I shouted. "I'm right here," Anthony walked in. He flipped his black hair.

"Hey," He said. "I'm so sorry about your teammates,"

"I know you are," I said.

"How's your concussion?"

"It's rapidly going away,"

"I'm so thankful you're alive,"

"I know," He felt my robotic leg. "You're still gorgeous,"

"You are too,"

"Come here, you," Anthony whispered. "I love you,"

"Go away!" I shouted. He left. I took my crutches on another spin to go visit Sophie and Maddie.

"Is there anyone else dead on the volleyball team?" I asked a nurse.

"I'll just give you the list," The nurse replied. "Coaches, bus driver, Brooke, Taylor, Lindsay, Chloe, Aria, Grace, Erin, Erica, Lindsay, Sarah, and Sophie." SOPHIE. What?

"Sophie's dead?!" I said.

"From Internal Bleeding, you, Katherine and Madeline are the only 2 survivors,"

"Thank you," I said. I scrambled to the restroom.

"God!" I screamed. "Ugh!!!" Sophie didn't deserve to die. She was a hero. She saved my life. I threw a crutch down and screamed "Sophie!".

It was so loud that an old woman walked in. She stared at me, angry.

"Look, I'm sorry," I said. "I just got a little upset about my friend,"

"Your friend?" She replied. The woman was African American, with librarian style glasses.

"Yes, my friend," I stormed out of the bathroom and into my bed. My leg wasn't too amputated, it was only the shin and foot.

I fell asleep, and then woke up from a scream.