The Championship

"C'mon Dani!" My mom shouted from the stands. I stared up at the ref, as he blew his whistle. I dribbled. Then served.

The score was 24-8 in the State Championship. We were defeating Clarence, a school up North. It was my freshman year of High School, and I made varsity to be able to serve.

"Got it!" Clarence's Libero called. A Libero is a Defensive Specialist, or in the back row who wears a different jersey than the other players.

Clarence freed the ball over. I recieved a dig from our outside hitter. I setted it to her.

"C'mon Lindsay," I thought in my mind. Lindsay was blocked. New plan. Lindsay passed the ball to me, I set it to Sophie, our middle blocker. Sophie was blocked also, I tipped it over.

It dropped.

"Yeahhhhhhh!!!" We all celebrated. We hugged and continued.

"Girls," Coach said. "Sit,"

"The State Tournament Champions go to the Westerman High School Cardinals! They will each be called up to receive their medals and will get their trophies afterwards," The announcer said.

"#1, Senior Libero, Brooke Fieldburn," Brooke walked up to get her medal. She was short, with black long hair and dark eyes.

"#2, Junior Outside Hitter, Lily Fisher," She was 6'2" and an amazing blonde.

"#3, Senior Middle Blocker, Taylor McHarrison," She was 6'6" and recruited to be a Carter University Eagle.

"#7, Senior Outside Hitter, Grace Jeanhoul," She was 6'3" and recruited.

"#10, Junior Middle Blocker, Sophie Parkerman," She was 6'5" and one of my best friends. She helped me with High School and assisted me. She also has a freshman sister who plays on the freshman team. I should've been on that team, but of course I was too good and put on varsity.

"#12, Senior Setter, Erin Brookbrown," She was huge to be a setter, (6'4") but is also commited to play in college. She was also one of my good friends.

"#15, Junior Defensive Specialist, Sarah Rayma," She was a shortie, (4'10") but was very great.

"#17, Senior Outside Hitter, Chloe Kiresten," She was talented.

"#19, Sophomore Middle Blocker, Maddie Hopfield," She was also one of my best friends. She's the only sophomore to play Varsity and amazing at what she does. She's 6'4" and scary to the other teams.

"#20, the only Freshman setter, Danielle McGreen," I walked to receive my medal, shook hands with the official.

"Congrats," The official said. The rest of the team was announced.

"Now we will present the trophy," The official gave us the state championship trophy.

"Great Job, Dani!" My mom said.

"So proud!" Dad said.

"Ok, Girls," Coach said. "Let's get on the bus," We ran in the college locker room and packed our things up. Each of us were going on the bus.

Coach got on lastly.

"Do we have everyone?" Coach asked. We nodded our heads. I always wanted to win the state tourney, the dream turned into a reality.

I sat with Maddie. Sophie and Sarah sat across from us.

Our bus ride was 2 1/2 hours long.