Y/N's First Day!

Chapter 1
7 / 2 7 / 2 0
× × ×

   Well shit, guess you were gonna be late to school.

   "C'mon, Y/N! We can't have you be late on your first day!" Your adoptive mother cried, shoving you out the door.

   You could, actually.

   "Have a good day at school, sweetie! If anyone picks on you, give 'em hell!" Your adoptive father yelled. You gave a mock salute before heading off, gripping your backpack straps somewhat tightly.

   Your parents had adopted you not long ago, saving you from the system. You were lucky that they were well-off; they even lived in the Juban District of Tokyo. You had finished moving in a week ago, feeling more uncomfortable than ever. You wished they had given you a little more time before thrusting you into school, but whatever. You'd live.

   You were excited to go to school and explore your new home, though secretly terrified. You didn't care all that much about school though, so you weren't exactly sprinting to get there. Instead, you casually walked along, humming Metallica, your eyes wandering over your surroundings. Sometime later, you arrived at your middle school, and then went to your assigned homeroom.

   Outside there was a blonde girl with an odd hairstyle attempting to eat her breakfast in the hall. She was cute, though average looking.

   "Yo." You motioned your head at her in greeting, and dropped one of the hands gripping your bag straps. She looked over at you, surprised. She opened her mouth to say something, but-

   "Usagi Tsukino, you're late to school again!" The teacher stormed out the doorway and glared at the blonde. She noticed you standing behind Usagi.

   "Are you our new student, Y/N L/N?" She asked.

   "Yep! Howdy."

   "Well I must say, Y/N, it is not a good look that you are late on your first day here. I'll give you a pass for today. Please go into the classroom and take a seat at a free desk. I still need to deal with this young lady." The woman fixed her hard stare at Usagi again. The girl whimpered.

   You shrugged and waltzed into the classroom, doing as the teacher asked. A couple minutes passed, and Usagi walked in with her bag slung over her shoulder, looking defeated. She sat down next to you and sighed heavily.

   The day went by. You got introduced to the class and tried to pay attention to lessons, but hey, you couldn't help it if you zoned out, or stopped listening because you were too focused on doodling in your notebook. Eventually the day was over, and you headed home.

   "Hey, newbie!" You stopped on your walk home. You turned around to find Usagi and another girl, a shorter girl with cute, wavy brown hair and a green bow tying some back.

   "Oh, hey blondie," you said, giving her a sly smile. You leaned on one leg and stuck your hands in your pockets with your thumbs still out.

   "My name is Usagi, not blondie!" She pouted.

   "Alright, alright!" You raised your hands in mock innocence, before putting them in their prior position. "Mind introducing me to the other pretty girl?"

   Usagi's friend blushed, flattered, and scratched at her hair behind her head. Blondie blushed in a more embarrassed way, and continued to pout.

   "Hi, I'm Naru," the other girl said. "Usagi is my friend. Everyone was impressed that you got to school even later than her!" She laughed to herself. You let out a small snicker. Usagi kept pouting.  Naru continued, "We were gonna go to the mall and visit the jewelry store where my mother works. I was wondering if you wanted to come!"