Ch. 4: Night

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Chapter 4: Night

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

It was late night, the ride back home was far from being uncomfortable. It was calming to know what was going to happen once they got home. They didn't have too much time to think either, they wanted to get distracted by anything else around them. The horses taking them home, the moon and starry night, or the tweets of the nocturnal birds.

Maria could feel it. The tension, the excitement that builds up with each passing second. She stole glances his way, trying to see if there was any reaction at the heavy airs around them. Could he see it? Her trembling hands? Could he hear her heartbeat going fast? Could he smell the fear and the thrill radiating off her body?

The house attendant couldn't read him completely, his face rarely showed emotion, but even right now, she didn't know what it was. Confusion? Excitement? Could it be that his heart was beating as fast as hers?

She thought she was over this phase, she was a grown woman after all. Maria was sure of her feelings and the reason why she wanted to do it ... So, why is it that she was acting like a 15-year-old in love? Love? Of course it wasn't.

But she was scared that it may lead to that.

When they got home, Maria could tell a difference in Levi's mannerisms. He was being a .... gentleman. He opened the door for her, no words were being exchanged. Softly, Maria took the lead to her room which surprised Levi. He had thought that a woman like her would want to share his room which was nicer than the storage room she sleeps in.

But he followed her lead, doing whatever made her feel more comfortable.

The house was completely quiet and for the first time, Levi was thankful that his Squad had stayed at the town. When they entered Maria's room, Levi closed the door behind them as he locked it. The sound made Maria flinch a bit, but she still managed to turn on the candle from her desk.

One single candle, that was all they needed.

When Levi turned to face her, he found Maria placing a candle on top of her desk. She left it there and without knowing, her attention focused completely on the candle. How the red flame dances through the wind and how it would be the only thing alive to present their act of indifference.

Suddenly, Maria felt her right hand being held by Levi's long fingers. He was getting her attention and in his eyes there was confusion and she could tell that he was scared not for him, but because of her.

She had said yes to the question that was hard for him to ask.

Maria stared at Levi's black pearl eyes and until now she hadn't noticed how beautiful they looked against the candlelight. His eyes could tell so much and that was the first time Maria felt something more than attraction.

She couldn't regret this decision, nor did she want him to regret it.

The brunette turned her back to him, "Would you take off my dress?"

There were a few seconds of silence in which it seemed like an eternity to Maria. She wanted to hide her evident blush as she moved her long brown hair to the side, inviting Levi to undress her.

She heard him take a few steps closer and soon enough, she could hear him undressing her. He took off the lace cords that tightened her dress, Maria could feel his fingers touching her back from time to time until her bare back was completely showing.

The house attendant turned around, finally facing Levi. She placed her hands across her chest as she stopped her top from falling down, still a bit embarrassed about their situation. Levi only focused on her and he was admiring her, he got closer as he delicately took off Maria's hair bandana, making her hair move freely. From the top of her head, his hands moved towards her back. There was one more thing that needed to be undone and that was her skirt. As he untied the knot, Maria could feel his chest being pressed against her body, he was warm and his hair smelled like beer, not the best of smells but it was understandable.