Ch.3: The Drawing

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Chapter 3:  The Drawing

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

If there was one thing Levi wasn't looking forward to was the weekend. Of course, he enjoyed his free days and although he would prefer to spend the day resting or cleaning, he had to complete his punishment.

He wanted some peace, but it just seems like Goddess were not in his favor today. But here he was right now, walking through the open space marketplace with the person responsible for all of this.

The market place was as lively as it could be. Sellers were screaming their product's name with their prices and people passing by would check out their items. From time to time Levi would get glances from other females, smiling at him as he walked by. Once again proving that he indeed wasn't indifferent to women.

"Miss, would you mind picking up your skirt and showing us your legs?"

"Come with me and I'll show you a good time!"

"I'll pay you if you dance for me!"

And of course, Maria had her fair share of popularity within the male community. She was walking behind Levi and although she felt intimidated by the men surrounding her, she couldn't do much. The brunette tried to walk away, but one of the guys had stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Hey, come on we can pay you-"

"Get your filthy hands off her or I'll cut them off."

The tall guy who was grabbing Maria by the arm let out a laugh the moment he noticed Levi. Him and his other friends began to laugh too as compared to them, Levi was just too short to put up a decent fight. Or so they thought.

"And what are you gonna do about it, short man?"

"... Do you want me to show you?"

Levi was already thinking of breaking his hand but right now he couldn't afford to get another punishment. Instead, he used another tactic which he was known for. He only stared at the guy as he got closer to him, he'll let his strong eyes do the trick.

and it worked.

"Whatever, I don't have the time to deal with you," the guy said as rolled his eyes. He walked away trying to be tough but in reality, he was intimidated.

Maria and Levi watched the man walk away in silence and after they were completely out of their sight, Levi began to talk again.

"You should learn how to defend yourself ... I won't always be here to defend you, you know?"

"Although I'm grateful, I didn't ask you to defend me," Maria said as she began to walk again. Levi followed closely. "Besides, I don't want to bother you anymore."

"Then learn some self-defense, I could teach you some stuff."

"But, I don't want to bother-"

"You will keep bothering me because I'll keep defending you whether you learn how to defend yourself or not," Levi didn't measure the heaviness of his words. He didn't notice the slight blush Maria's face had when his words left his mouth. "So, you might as well learn now, so you can stop bothering me later."

Maybe he was being a bit rude and insensitive but this was the only way to get it through her head. He was looking out for her and if he was being completely honest, he was more scared at the fact that one day he wouldn't be there to protect her.