Chapter 2

Lily's POV

I'm really not a fan of attention.It made me really nervous,so when we were ushered into the class by my supposed teacher,I felt really nervous because all eyes were suddenly on the girls that interrupted their lesson.

"Hello Ms Jansen,sorry for interrupting but my friend Lily here is new and seemed to be lost so I offered to lead her to class",Lana said with a polite smile.

I felt happy when Lana called me her friend since I didn't have anyone to actually call my friend except my mum now.

"Oh,that's so thoughtful of you,Lana",Ms Lansen said smiling.

"Alright Lily I'm gonna go now.See you at lunch",Lana whispered to me.

I could only nod but my mind was screaming"don't leave me here with these people who are looking at me like I'm their next meal".

"Ok Lily, why don't you introduce yourself to the class",My English teacher,Ms Jansen asked.

I partially lifted my face because my head has been down since I stepped foot into the classroom.I met curious stares boring into my soul....Okay,now I'm just exaggerating.

"Hi,I'm Lily Matthews.I moved here from Chicago with my mum.I love music.Yeah that's all",I said softly but that last part mostly to myself.I think they heard because I heard some people chuckling.

I turned to face Ms Jansen and she had an amused smile on her face."Alright Lily you can go sit down".

I found a seat at the left far back corner of the classroom beside a boy with a black hoodie over his head.I couldn't see his whole face but I could see his sharp jawline.I bet if I touched it,I'll cut my finger...

Really Lily,on this fine morning??

Oh shut it!

No,you should stop your train of thoughts.

Arrgh,so annoying...

"Quit staring,it's rude",said a deep manly voice.

Huh??Who said that??

I looked around to figure out where the voice came from.Could it be the boy I was staring at.

But I didn't see his mouth moving.

Maybe because you were too busy staring at his jawline to notice.

That might be true.

I turned to face the hoodie boy....That's what I'm gonna call him for now...

"I'm sorry",I said sincerely.

He didn't say anything or even acknowledge my apology.So much for making friends.

I decided to let him be and listen to what Ms Lansen was saying at the front of the class.

.......
It was now lunchtime and I was dreading going into the cafeteria.I was putting all my books into my locker when Lana came to me.

"Hey girly, how was classes?"

"Hi Lana,classes were okay I guess."

"Hmm..a little birdie told me you sat beside Monty today and it seemed you guys were talking",she said raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

Huh?...Who is Monty?...I didn't meet any Monty or did I??

"Who is Monty?",I asked voicing my thoughts.

"Oh sugar,come on..the hot guy in your class with the hoodie",she said smirking.

"Oh you mean hoodie boy?".

"Hoodie boy?",she asked incredulously.

"Yeah the guy with the hoodie covering the most part of his face and we were not talking.I just apologized for staring at him."

"You were staring at him??.....Why??... Oh,don't answer that.I don't blame you tho,Monty is a fine specimen of the male species",Lana said with a huge smile on her face.

I don't even know what to say.

"Come on,let's get to the cafeteria.I'm starving".Lana dragged me along towards the cafeteria.

She pushed the light wooden doors open and looked around as if looking for something or someone.The cafeteria looked just as one can imagine it.Wooden tables and chairs arranged together in a fine pattern occupied by students all over.Typical highschool with the jocks,cheerleaders,nerds as some call them,bad boys and so on.

"There they are",Lana exclaimed pointing towards a group of girls and boys sitting at a table.

"Who??",I couldn't help but ask.

"My friends.I'm gonna introduce them to you",she said with a smile dragging me along again.

Abort!Abort!!,Abort mission

That's what my mind was screaming at me as Lana was dragging me to meet her friends which means I will have to talk to them.Not that I don't talk,I do.Just that I'm not much a talker around people I'm not familiar with. Oh well,I just have to suck it up cus it doesn't seem like I can escape from Lana's vice-like grip on my arm and I wouldn't want to embarrass myself on the first day of school cus I was shy to talk to a group of people.

I would like to see that tho.

Oh shut the hell up!!

Hehe...You know you love me.

Great,now I'm talking to myself.

Heyy guys(approaching nervously)..🙈
Sorry for not updating for a while now.I've been caught up in major family issues.I'll try my best to do better.So pls don't give up on me.🙏
Remember to vote and comment.Let me know what you think.✌
Till we meet again lovelies.💖