1

"Day 689. Another day, another vlog of me saying that I miss you so much. I really miss you, I won't get tired of saying that because you're my ball of sunshine. I don't care if you laugh at me but I hope I can be with you sooner or later. I love you."

Mark placed the camera down the coffee table as he sighed. Donghyuck, his longtime boyfriend, wasn't gone. He's actually in the same room with Mark. The thing is they're not in their shared bedroom or in any special place.

It's been almost two years since Donghyuck got into a coma. He got into an accident where he accidentally hit his head against the concrete wall. Mark didn't know what to do when he found out about it. He was thankful that it didn't come to the point he'll lose Donghyuck.

Mark is known to be an influencer in a social media app. He's a musician, playing the guitar was a hobby. He also kinda films him and Donghyuck doing stuffs. Sometimes they would travel to places they wanted to go since they were young. There was no trip that Mark has gone without the boy. But since Donghyuck got into an accident, he had to stop and be in the hospital 24/7.

It was a big downfall to him. He got depressed and stressed. He broke down several times and hated himself for everything that happened to his lover. Donghyuck didn't deserve any of these. He's just a simple boy, working in a company and had a simple life with his longtime boyfriend.

It felt like Mark's world crumbled down.

He lost all interest and made himself be occupied by giving Donghyuck some company. But he is still playing the guitar and making some music. He knew Donghyuck loves to listen to his music.

Mark looked at Donghyuck who was on the hospital bed, with tubes around his body that were keeping him alive. The man stood from the sofa and walked up with his guitar to sit on the chair beside the bed. He stared at the boy and though it breaks his heart to see him like this, Mark was still able to give a small smile.

"Hey, love. Don't worry about me, okay? I'm doing fine...Just a little upset as always but just seeing you alive keep me going."

"I want to tell you that I, uhm, saw your journal inside your box. You told me about it and I remembered you asked me to read it when I'm going to propose to you."

"I was planning to...I was actually going to surprise you when we go out for our vacation. But I have to save it until you wake up. I have nothing to do, so I should just read it. Maybe I might read some of your deepest darkest secrets like how much of an ideal boyfriend I am."

The man held the boy's hand softly. He rubbed his thumb against the knuckles and took a sigh. Mark then opened the notebook and saw a bucketlist Donghyuck was doing when they were in Japan.

'Mark's bucketlist', it read.

He scanned down the list and had his eyebrows furrowed with a laugh, not believing his boyfriend wrote this behind his back.

"The first thing you want me to do is...to buy a dog and name it Bomi, and you're already making it hard for me."

Mark hated picking things. He looked at the boy as he tried remembering if Donghyuck told him what breed he wanted to get. Maybe anything should do anyway. It's still a dog. If the boy wakes up, then they'll just adopted another one. The man was still hesitating just because he doesn't know who will take care of the dog since he's in the hospital 24/7.

Pets aren't allowed inside the hospital. If he'll even sneak the dog in, they might get kicked out. Mark was thinking about it but he might just ask a nurse to consider it.

"I'm being hesitant about this," Mark groaned, "I want to do this because it's for you but at the same time, I don't."

The man took time before he took out a penny. It was kinda a habit of them if they're unsure of something or they have different ideas. Mark chuckled at the memory when they had their first fight because Donghyuck was whining about going to an amusement park but Mark wanted to go to an arcade. As much as they were immature that time, it was still a memory to go back to.

Mark flipped the coin and tails appeared. He knew Donghyuck would always pick tails, so the boy won. He didn't want to do anything without Donghyuck but seemed like the boy wanted him to.

"You're more like giving me a grocery list instead of a bucketlist, love."

Mark looked down on the notebook and thought Donghyuck would be laughing at how he's being a baby whenever the boy wanted him to something alone.

"I wish I could hear your laughs."

The man was beyond upset. He really misses Donghyuck. This wouldn't happen if he gotten faster enough to pick the boy from work. Should he really blame himself? It wasn't his fault or anything he wanted to happen. But it still breaks his heart. Just seeing Donghyuck on the hospital bed was enough to make him breakdown.

He just wished everything was different.

"You're the best thing that ever happened to me, so I'm not giving up right now. If you want me to do that damn bucketlist, then I will. I'll do anything for you, right? That's my promise."

"I hope I could see you smile again, love."

After that, Mark spent his day in the hospital room like he usually do everyday and play the guitar as he thought about calling his friends.