chapter 13

I flinched

I flinched. The screams continuously got louder. I felt as if my eardrums were going to burst. I swiftly made my way down the hall of the casino looking for my target. I was about to attack when the person I was looking for rushed out of the room. I quickly made myself known. They turned to face me as they reached for their gun. But it wasn't quick enough, I threw my dagger precisely. Straight at their heart. I watched as the life left their eyes and they collapsed to the floor. Target Yeosang down. I screamed in pain as I fell to the floor and grabbed my head. Everything went black.

I quickly sat up in my bed, trying to catch my breath. I grasped the sheets tight in my hands and let out a shaky breath. I hadn't realized, but there was a steady flow of tears trailing down my face. All I could see was the boys face flash before my eyes as his pained scream echoed through my head. I shut my eyes tightly trying to remove the image, but failed. My breathing became ragged again and it once again became hard to breath.

The door to my bedroom was slammed open as a figure rushed to my side and turned on the bedside lamp. I tried to make out who it was, but my vision was blurred. "Areum?? Areum are you okay? What happened? Why did you scream?" The voice I recognized to be Taeyongs.

"I..I...I" I let out a shaky breath. "It's okay, take your time." He sat beside me and gently rubbed my back. I tightly closed my eyes again, "I had a night.. a..a.. n..nightmare.." My breathing became ragged again and I grabbed my sheets tightly as the scene flashed through my head again.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm right here, it was just a dream. It wasn't real. You're okay." His eyes softened as he looked at the state I was in. "But Tae... it.. it wasn't just.. a... a dream... it h..happened.." He furrowed his eyebrows and carefully looked at me, "What do you mean? What was it about?"

"The n..night at the.. ca.. casino.." I breathed out heavily. That's when it hit him, he carefully pulled my body closer to his and rested my head on his chest. He placed his chin on the top of my head and continued to softly rub my back. "I.. I... I k.. killed someone.. Tae.. I'm a m.. monster.." I sobbed quietly into his chest.

"Hey, look at me," he put his hand on my chin and lifted my face up. "You are not a monster. You did what had to be done. Areum, we've all been through this, does it ever go away? No. But it does get easier as time passes. I promise. All of us are here for you and went through a similar thing when we first had to kill."

"I can still see his face and hear his name so clearly. Like it's engraved inside my head. His screams... they're so loud.." My eyes began to tear up again and I choked on my words as I tried to figure out what to say or do.

"I remember the names of every person I've ever killed. Sometimes it's just something you can never forget. But we will help you get through this, okay? I promise." He softly smiled at me. I nodded my head and whispered a small, "okay."

"Now try to get some rest you have to train again. Also Jungwoo will be there this time to train you." He smiled.

"Umm.. Tae.. I don't think I could go back to sleep.." I glanced at the clock it was currently 4am. He sighed, "Alright you can come sit in my office with me, while I work."