Chapter 12: Remember ███ ███ ███

Start from the beginning

Cana: "Ahahaha, so you did look." she said with a smug look on her face.

(Y/n): "Of course I looked! When you first did it, it caught me completely off-guard! I didn't expect it at all, and you never said you were going to do that! I swear, the one day that we came here without Levy, you had to go ahead and do that." he said clearly embarrassed.

Cana: "Hehehe... I thought your reaction would be funny." she said as her eyes looked away from him.

Cana: "And I knew you would be the only one to see me like that since you were the one who found this secret hideaway." she pointed out.

Cana could still remember that day as if it was yesterday. A year after (Y/n) joined Fairy Tail, Levy joined, and the three kids became close friends. Levy would help him learn about things like talking while Cana helped him with his social skills. The trio was close to one another, and when (Y/n) suddenly began disappearing during the evenings, it caught the two girls by surprise.

So they decided to follow him in secret. At first, when they followed him through the town, it wasn't that hard, but the moment they entered the forest by the cliffs, it became much harder. He would climb up the trees and run on them, causing the girls to lose sight of him a few times.

They chased him for half an hour until they found themselves at the edge of a cliff. That was when they saw that the cliff led down to a large circular opening in the forest where a massive hole was. At the bottom of this hole was a natural cove. And there at the bottom where a beach was, a young (Y/n) sat by the edge of the water.

The two girls looked around to see how to get down only to see a rope nearby tided to a tree. On that day, the tree had a secret hideout that only they knew about. They called it "Little Paradise."

(Y/n) let out a sigh as he slowly lifted his head.

(Y/n): "So why did you bring me out here? I still need to repair the gui-" he tried to say.

Cana: "How long do you plan to do this?" she interrupted him

(Y/n): "..." he stayed quiet.

Cana: "You have to move forward (Y/n)." she stated.

Hearing her call his name, (Y/n) slowly turned his head to look at Cana.

(Y/n): "You... actually remembered." he said, surprised.

Cana smiled and pressed her forehead against his mask, staring at where the purple eyes of the mask were.

Cana: "I always remember, it's just more fun messing with you." she stated.

There was silence between the two as the sound of waves continued to be heard next to them. Cana knew all too well as to the reason why he didn't want to be on a team. Lisanna.

After her death, (Y/n) just stopped talking and didn't interact with anyone. He just disappeared from the guild, and almost everyone forgot that he wasn't there. It took a week before he suddenly came back asking Laxus to train him. He began offering his services to anyone in the guild as a support member, going as far as taking only a small to no Jewels from the jobs.

Anyone close to him knew why he was doing this, he didn't want another person in Fairy Tail to die again. He felt that it was his responsibility to help others, no matter the cost for himself. Going broke on multiple occasions to help others in the guild who were in a pinch. (Y/n) saw himself as Fairy Tail's weakest member, who was only useful as support.

But now, he could be so much more. Cana sees that, Mirajane sees that, Erza, Natsu, Gray, Elfman, almost everyone in the guild see that... everyone but himself.