You Belong With Me┊Yuno

Start from the beginning

In the end, your school team won.

You were so happy. Probably, you're the happiest person in that huge crowd for Yuno at that time. He was carrying the trophy and you can see how pure his smile is. He's even the MVP.

And here's when the conflict happens.

You saw your best friend attempting to reach Jin when he saw his girlfriend clinging into Klaus' arms, his co-team mate, and's currently flirting at each other. Yuno confronted them but your eyes grew bigger as you watched Jin pushed his ex-boyfriend, a.k.a Yuno, away. Yuno was so surprised and hurt at the same time and you guess this is a wake-up call for him. He threw his helmet away before quitting the gymnasium.

He's so mad. He's hurt.

"What the actual shit happened?!" You exclaimed before rushing out, following him outside but you can't find him anywhere.

Yuno, please be fine...

[ TIMESKIP ]

Homecoming.

Unfortunately, you aren't planning to attend. You have homework to do and you thought, that place isn't just going to fit for a nerd like you. Jocks and cheerleaders will be everywhere, throwing up, drinking, making out outside the hall, and more. No, you don't want to see that, of course.

You were answering the fourth question in Calculus when you saw Yuno waving at you from his window.

"You coming tonight?"

Shyly, you shook your head before writing on your book again.

"Sorry. Need to do homework."

You didn't bother him asking about his break-up with Jin. You did comfort him by trying to avert his attention on his previous heartbreak by treating him out for karaoke and arcade and luckily, the "date" succeeded and you were pretty sure that even just for a couple of hours, Yuno forgot about his problems.

He nodded with a sad smile before writing, "Okay. Good luck."

Then you closed the curtains. Looking down at the pile of notebooks in your bed, you saw a paper you tore from the notebook. You can't really confess to him. You thought it's better if you're just here on his back, supporting him on all of his dreams. You guessed that staying as his best friend is for the best. After all, you're pretty sure he doesn't have feelings for you.

But he does. Secretly.

[ TIMESKIP ]

Where are you right now? Standing in front of this huge building, wearing a simple white dress and your hair is neatly fixed. You even dropped your eyeglasses and you're wearing make-up!

Okay, your Mom forced you to attend. Why? Because she just wanted you to see on a totally different outfit. Not on your usual t-shirt and jogging pants. You're so nervous when you entered the place, especially when everyone's looking at you. Obviously, who would've thought that a nerd-looking girl like you will have the courage to attend a party like this? And on that outfit?

You're so stunning.

The first one you looked for is Yuno and when he sees you, his jaw dropped. He blinked twice as he made his way to you. Jin tried to stop him in his tracks but he just ignored the girl as he walked directly to you. Your heart is beating so fast. You bit your lower lip as he stepped in front of you.

He's so handsome.

"I really thought you're not going to attend."

You smiled, tucking the loose hair behind your ear. "My mom forced me."

"I guess I'll have to thank her then."

You both laughed at his remark when you snatched something from your small bag. It was a paper. You breathed heavily as you showed it to him.

'I love you so much.'

"I can't say it directly so I chose to write it on the paper."

You chuckled before looking away. You're a blushing mess! You don't know how Yuno will react to this. After all, you're not expecting anything but at least, for once, he realizes that you're the one for him. You're hoping that he could see that you're the one who understands him, that you've been here all along.

You know all of his favorite songs, he always tells you about his dreams, you know how he can easily cry with just petty things and you remembered when he barged into your house at exactly three in the morning, he was crying back then and you were the only one who tried to make him smile.

You're always on his back, supporting him with everything. He belongs to you. He should belong to you.

Without getting any other answer from him, you already decided to say sorry and just walk away but he grabbed your wrist as he fished something out from his tux. It was a folded paper too and when he showed it to you, tears suddenly came out of your eyes.

'I love you, Y/N.'

"I'm sorry for hurting you all these times."

Hurting? Probably, yes. You can feel your heart aching when you always see him with another girl. But eventually, you got used to it so it didn't become a big deal to you.

"You don't have to be sorry anymore."

Grabbing him by his necktie, you closed the gap between the two of you, giving him a passionate kiss on the lips. Your mind is shouting, "Finally!" You laughed as you both parted for air and this could be the best homecoming for the both of you. You were shy for a moment when Yuno held out his hand until you realized what activity was already happening.

"Want to dance?"

You smiled, taking his hand. "I thought you'd never ask."

"