bridge

i don't wanna be your friend, i wanna be your bitch
and i wanna touch you, but not like this
the look in your eyes
my hand between your thighs
oh, this can't be real
it's all just a dream

it was currently winter. the time for sitting by the fire and drinking hot coco. that was exactly what iwaizumi and oikawa were doing. both of them were talking about volleyball and the team, but iwaizumi had different thoughts.

"iwa-chan, let's try to make our team stronger together," oikawa said with a smile as he raised his fist for a fist bump. iwaizumi lifted his hand up in the form of a fist as he returned the gesture. he smiles back it him. while oikawa looked at him softly, thankful that iwaizumi was there for him, iwaizumi looked at him with pure love. he couldn't hold back any more. the feeling of wanting to kiss him slowly took over him.

iwaizumi leaned in towards oikawa. oikawa's eyes widened.

"i-iwa-chan?" he mumbled his name lowly. iwaizumi got closer and closer until he closed the gap between them. oikawa's eyes remained open. it took iwaizumi a whole five seconds to realize what the fuck he just did. he backed away faster than when he leaned in for the kiss and sat there.

"oikawa, i'm sorry. i didn't mean to—," he got cut off by him.

"iwa-chan it's fine. we can just forget about it," oikawa gave him a small smile. iwaizumi's heart broke into millions of small pieces like a vase.

we can just forget about it

no, he doesn't want to forget about it. he won't be able to forget about it. it will forever be engraved in his memories.

"friends?" oikawa asked once raising his fist. iwaizumi slowly returned the gesture with a fake smile on his face. tears were threatening to fall but he couldn't let them fall. if he did then that would show that he didn't want to be just friends.

after that day iwaizumi kept replaying the memory in his mind. thinking of different scenarios. like, if he would have confessed that very moment, would things have been different? no. oikawa would still say he would want to stay as friends.

THIS HURT ME SO MUCH. IT WAS SO PAINFUL TO WRITE. gAh, i hate myself for this 😔. like i said this is a short story so, the next chapter is going to be the last one. have a good morning, afternoon, night. with love,
aj <33