[CHAPTER 18]

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥:
[𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖]:

"Anyway, me and Olivia knew each other since we were kids. You can ask everyone else in this school that we knew each other before James even knew her name.
When I say 'I noticed her first', I mean I started growing real feelings for her before James, only when we were in high school...
Before that my relationship with Olivia wasn't serious, we were using each other for one night stands."
Taehyung said, immediately changing the subject again.
"You and Olivia really knew each other before...?"
You asked curiously, did James really lie?
"Yes...
And as I said, we always had something between us but it wasn't serious.
I started noticing the real Olivia only when we were in high school.
I don't know why but it always felt like James was in a competition with me, even when we used be friends.
He tried to get Olivia, but it was so obvious from the beginning that she's going to choose me."
Taehyung said, everything was just so confusing.

"I.. believe you... I just still can't understand what's up with that James" You answered back.
The two of you suddenly heard Taehyung's phone ringing.
It was Cha-woon.

Taehyung picked up the call, and the two of you stared at each other, frowning.
"Cha-woon..." Taehyung said, both of you waited to hear what he had to say.
"Taehyung, I saw your messages about your father.
I'll talk to you face to face when I come back, there's still things you don't know." Cha-woon said, Taehyung was so angry.
"Why can't you just tell me everything without lying to me for once?!" Taehyung said, you could hear his angry tone.
"Not now Taehyung. There's a reason why I didn't tell you your father is missing. But I'll tell you this face to face" Cha-woon said and before Taehyung could even say anything, he hung up the phone.
"Fuck" Taehyung mumbled.
"You heard him, he'll tell you the truth..." You said, trying to comfort him.
"I don't know anymore. He has been lying to me so much lately" Taehyung answered and sighed.
"He does that because he loves you. And you know the best how much he cares about you Tae" You said back.
"Tae?" Taehyung thought to himself but tried to ignore and deny his feelings.
"I know he loves me y/n, but I can't understand why he would lie to me...
Cha-woon was the best gift I could ever ask for.
You have no idea how much I love him, and it hurts the most when the people you love lie to you." Taehyung said, looking at the ground.

You didn't even know what to tell him anymore.
Taehyung's life was so complicated.
You saw how strong he is, he had to go through all of this shit, and yet, he keeps going.

Another week had passed, and you spent every day with Taehyung, trying to help him mentally.
Without even noticing, you started falling for him.
You saw the real him, beyond his pretty face.
Is it possible to be in love with two people at the same time? You kept asking that question in your head, although you denied what you felt for Taehyung.

it was already Saturday.
Again- most of the students were out at their own house, and the boarding school was empty.
The night arrived and you were in your room, resting under your blanket in your pajamas.
You wanted to go to sleep when you suddenly heard your phone ringing.
You yawned as you checked who it was.

"Taehyung?" You picked up the call, wondering why he called you so late.
"Y/N LISTEN I NEED YOU TO GO TO THE ROOF OF THE SCHOOL ASAP" He suddenly said worriedly, he breathed hard and he sounded stressed.
"What?! Why???" You began to stress too, you didn't know what was going on.

"PLEASE COME RIGHT NOW THERES NO TIME TO WASTE. I KNOW WHO KILLED OLIVIA" your heart stopped beating and your body was shivering.
You didn't even change your clothes, you put your shoes on and ran towards the roof, still on a phone call with Taehyung.
"Y/n? Are you listening?" Taehyung said and your heart was racing.
"Yes!" You answered and kept running to the roof.
"Are you there?" He kept asking.
"Almost" you exhaled sharply and finally arrived the roof.
"I'm here" you said as you walked on the roof.
"Okay" He answered, leaving you confused.
"Where are you? Tae?" You asked
"The killer..." He said on the phone and your heart ached. You kept searching for Taehyung with your eyes.
"The killer is what Taehyung?!" You kept asking, you couldn't breathe decently.
"The killer is behind you." Taehyung said and you couldn't move.
You slowly turned around.
"BOO!!!" Taehyung screamed and you jumped.
Taehyung began to laugh out loud, you were so mad.
"YOU WERE PRANKING ME?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU COMPLETELY LOST IT!!!" You yelled back when you saw he was just joking around, but at the same time you felt a slight relief.