CH-18

The next morning shivaay was a bit late for work since he overslept due to the pills. Quickly finishing his routine he dressed up , had a quick black coffee and drove off to the office. On his way he realised that maybe he was getting a little too much paranoid without any reason. Even he had female friends and he was sure that Annika won't mind if he talked to them. He was glad he took his own time to realise the entire situation .

Suddenly his phone rang, a goofy smile made way to his face on reading the caller's name. It was Annika. Picking up the phone he chirped a nice Hello.

"Ooooh looks like someone is in a really good mood today haan ?"  Annika asked him chuckling a bit. She felt happy to hear his voice which was laced with excitement rather than sadness. This was the first time it happened after he had moved to Delhi.

"Well, yes after all this is the first voice I'm hearing after I woke up"

"Cheesy much Mr. Oberoi ?"

"If it's you then yes Mrs. Oberoi" shivaay replied back flirtatiously

Annika's face was resembling a tomato right now
"Shivaay I'm not yet Mrs. Oberoi"

"In my mind you already are and we'll be in a few months if you are okay with it"

Suddenly annika's mind went towards how it would be after they get married. It would be blissful. Their paradise , their family . Everything seemed perfect to her.
Shivaay's voice broke her chain of thoughts.

"Annika I know you can't wait and trust me even I cannot. I just want to live with you the entire time. I want to wake up to you beside me and sleep in your arms" shivaay spoke in a trance.

"Me too shivaay me too" Annika responded softly.

"By the way did you reach office ?"

"I'm about to. How are the arrangements of the wedding going ?"

"Oh they're going fine as of now. Umm shivaay Mrs. Roshan is here. I'll call you in a while. Byee love you"

"Okay babe take care bye love you too"

Today was going to be a hectic day for both shivaay and Annika. They had tonnes of work for them and they got engrossed in it soon.

Annika was talking to the caterers since there were some last minute changes in the menu when someone tapped on her shoulder. She turned around to find daksh standing there .

"Oh hey daksh. How come you're here ?"

"Why Annika ? Do I need a reason to visit my friend?" He asked in a childish manner.

Annika chuckled on seeing that.

"No daksh it's not what you think please."

"Annika if you don't mind can we have some coffee?"

Annika pondered over it and since the caterers were anyway leaving in another 10 minutes she agreed to it. Even she needed a little break.

"Okay just give me 10 minutes" she replied politely.

Soon Annika was sitting with daksh and Mrs. Roshan and the trio were chatting and enjoying their beverages.

Mrs roshan had a phone call to attend  , excusing herself she went in the balcony.

"Annika I don't mean to offend you but are you dating someone ?"

"Yes daksh I am"

"Oooh who is it tell me tell me" daksh was quite excited and it was clearly evident.

"Well I'm dating shivaay "

"Shivaay ?"

"Shivaay Singh oberoi " Annika replied with a slight blush on her face.

"OH MY GOD WOW ANNIKA! That's so great. I'm really happy for you two. Will he be attending the wedding. I would like to meet him"

The smile on annika's face disappeared.

"No daksh he won't be able to attend. He's in Delhi for a project"

"Ohh don't be sad Annika . You guys have a lifetime now. Cheer up girl"

Daksh engaged her in a light hearted conversation so that she could divert her mind from the sad thoughts.

It was nearly 6:00 pm when Annika was done with her work. All she wanted was to go home , change , eat something and sleep. Quickly taking a cab she went home.

Once she was done with everything she sat on the bed with her phone and opened her WhatsApp to see a message from an unknown number.
It was daksh. She had completely forgotten that they had shared numbers . Saving his number she kept the phone on the side table.

Few minutes later her phone rang she expected it to be shivaay but the caller ID read daksh. She picked up the phone . Pinching the bridge of her nose, She listened to him as there were a few last minute changes that needed to be done . Annika was fed up with this behavior of the roshans.
There was only a day left for the wedding and they were still changing their choices. It was so tough for her to accommodate everything in such a short span. Cutting the call she buried her face in her palms.

Her phone rang again and this time it was shivaay. A slight smile bloomed on her face and she picked up the call.

"Annika were you busy ? I was calling since the last half n hour" shivaay enquired worry lines etched on his forehead.

Annika recalled that while she was talking to daksh there was another call coming but since she was too distressed she didn't check who it was.

"Umm yes shivaay I was actually , the roshans have made some more last minute changes so daksh called to inform me about it"

Hearing daksh's name shivaay clenched his jaw. The guy was too much interested in talking to Annika.

"Annika why is daksh so interested in talking to you ?" He spoke in a clipped tone.

Annika was puzzled on hearing this question.

"Umm wait , what shivaay ?"

"You heard me right Annika. Why is this guy .....ughhh leave it" shivaay spoke pinching the bridge of his nose .

Annika was already tired and listening to shivaay just made her more angry.

"Shivaay what kind of a question is this ? Are you suspecting me ?" Annika asked hurt.

"Annika what is wrong with you ? I never said I'm suspecting you . I just want you to stay away from him" shivaay sounded a bit furious now.

"Shivaay he is a friend of mine and you cannot decide who I should talk to . I'm already very stressed . Bye"

Saying so Annika cut the call and closed her eyes as a lone tear escaped her eye.

This was the first time they had such an ugly argument over such a petty issue.

Shivaay threw his phone away in anger and dozed off to sleep. He was angry at himself and also at her.

Annika was hell worried since she had to talk to the caterers tomorrow again but she was glad Tomorrow was the final day and she would be done with all this.

She cried to sleep that night hoping everything would be resolved soon.

The next morning Annika woke up and hurried to the venue. Her eyes were swollen as a result of crying and her face was devoid of any smile.

Shivaay too was in a terrible mood since last night. He had yelled at almost every person he came across in the morning.

Finally it was evening and the guests had started pouring in. Annika was checking the last minute arrangements and thankfully everything seemed perfect. She was glad her hardwork had paid off. 

Soon the oberois too came and they were more interested in spending time with Annika rather than the wedding.

Omru noticed Annika was off and she wasn't talking much.

Om gestured rudy to talk to Annika while he excused himself from the crowd and dialled shivaay's number.

----------------------------------------------------------I had to stop here since the update was turning out to be too long.

What do you think about shivaay and annika's fight ?