chapter thirty-four

Start from the beginning

Ward had not only killed their father but he had also managed to kill Lana's husband.

Brooklyn cried, heart-wrenching sobs that hurt her insides. She dug her nails into the palms of her hands to stop herself from screaming. She looked over at her brother with teary eyes and she saw he was now on his feet and stood by the kitchen counter not facing them but instead staring out the window. She knew he was crying, she knew exactly how he felt but she felt weak. She couldn't hug him, she couldn't even move, she felt useless.

Their father died alone on a beach in pain and agony. Ward took something from them that she'll never be able to get back. She was crushed, she was broken that her father died broken, without anyone or anything in sight. It saddened her.

He didn't even get to know how much his kids loved him because Ward Cameron snatched that away from them.

"I am so sorry, kids. I should of told you both a long time ago." John B looked from Ms. Lana to Brooklyn. "But you can't say anything. He's dangerous. He's capable of anything. Don't-."

"I don't care!" John B rushed out, Brooklyn trying to chase after him but with the little strength she had, it was almost impossible.

Right there and then, she knew exactly what he was going to do and she needed to be there with him. She sprinted as fast as she could while he only sped up.

"John B! Look at me, please!" Brooklyn yelled, wiping her tears as the two walked towards their home to find their group all crowded around the hot tub. "Fuck."

"Speak of the devils. Hey!" John B and Brooklyn ignored their friends and Brooklyn followed him into the house. "Dude, I set up the entire winch to pull up the gold and everything."

"No, he did not. I did that."

"Hey, John B." John B was already in the house and Brooklyn couldn't keep chasing any longer.

"What's all that about?"

Brooklyn fell to the ground, screams and cries leaving her mouth. The break she finally needed was now erupting from her entire body and once she started she couldn't even stop. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her body, pulling her in. She leaned her head into Pope's body, grasping his arms like they were the only thing to keep her steady. Her twin, on the other hand was ready to kill Ward Cameron and was already rummaging through the house to find JJ's gun.

"No, John B!" Brooklyn pulled herself away from Pope and attempted to run over to him.

She grabbed his arm and tried to stop him but he shoved her ever so lightly and climbed on the motorcycle, starting it up.

"Ward knows about the gold!" John B turned his head to face the others who stood in complete shock and bewilderment. "He killed our dad." And so he set off as fast as he could and Brooklyn couldn't stop him now. She could barely move.

The three of them faced Brooklyn who was a sobbing mess. Her hands cleaned into fists and she began to punch the hot tub like it would actually do something. "Come here." Brooklyn JJ's arms take her waist to pick pick her up gently off the floor. He sat her down on the edge of the hot tub and brought her body close to his. The comfort of JJ's arms around hers was almost too warm that it only brought more cried out of her. "It's okay."

"JJ- He-." Her bottom lip quivered as she tried to stammer words out. "He- I can't do this."

Two sets of arms wrapped around her body and the three of them reassured her that all would be okay and they weren't going anywhere. She felt less weak, she felt a little more loved but she needed her brother here with her. She needed him to hug her, she needed to hug him and make him feel loved and she needed to stop him from throwing himself in jail by killing Ward. In the long run, killing Ward Cameron wouldn't do anything because nothing could bring their father back now.

"We should go look for John B." Kiara suggested, rubbing Brooklyn's leg softly. "You comin', Brooke?"

"No. I- I think I should- should stay here." She placed a hand over Kiara's. "Just incase he comes back, okay? But if you hear anything-."

"We'll tell you right away, Brooklyn." She cracked a smile over at Pope who had his arm over her shoulders.

"Are you sure you should be alone?" JJ's voice was gentle, so gentle that only Brooklyn could actually make out what he said.

"I need some time alone. I'm sorry."

"Don't be sorry. Shush." He pushed a couple strands of hair behind her ear and her glanced down at the wound on her waist, seeing a huge plaster stuck over the top. "W-What happened?"

"It's okay. W-Ward... h-he got me..."

JJ pushed his lips against her cheek, his fingers grazing the plaster for a second. "We'll give you some time alone, okay? If you need me I'm here."

"We won't be long."

She watched the three walk off and when they were out of her view her head fell into her hands and she let the tears fall once again.

She always went to sleep wondering if her father was out there but instead she found out that he had died alone and in complete pain months ago. He died thinking his kids didn't care after the argument he had with them the day before he went. She felt so guilty for not leaving things in a better place with him. She felt guilty for not saying "I love you" one more time. She felt guilty for not hugging him. She felt guilty that the last thing he remembered was John B and her saying he was a shit father for leaving them to find gold.

He died without even realising how much Brooklyn loved him, how much John B loved him.

It broke her heart.

𝐓𝐁𝐇𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
this chapter is sad :(
i also don't like it lol... i don't think i wrote this one very well but pfft still sad
some brooklyn & john b stuff next episode mwah