Want You Back

Song: Want You Back (acoustic)

Artist: Cher Lloyd

***

"You go home smelling like alcohol and you tell me you're not drunk?"

"Oh shut up."

It's the third consecutive night that they've been fighting. Neither of them went beyond the highest tone since they aren't like other couples. They keep things calm when inside, their bloods are both boiling in anger.

Hey boy you never had much game

Thought I needed to upgrade

Now I went and walked away, way, way

"That's it. I'm out," Wensh says, holding her hands up in surrender.

"Are you serious?" Jeric's eyes widen when he heard what she said. He followed her to her room in their apartment and watch her pack up her clothes. "Aalis ka na naman?"

"Mabaho na yung condo eh. Allergic ako sa amoy alak. Allergic ako sayo!" sigaw nya sa boyfriend-ex-boyfriend.

He rolls eyes at how she's acting. "Just leave your pillow please."

"Asshole," she whispers one last time and slams the door closed behind her, leaving Jeric behind.

He buries his face in his hands, certainly regretting what just happened. He wanted to punch himself for not even stopping her and letting her go just like that. But then again, he finds himself relying on what destiny can bring.

-2 weeks later-

He was so close to forgetting her already. He can't understand why but it felt like he was used to it. He didn't even cry as hard as he did the first time they broke up nor did he even shed a tear.

"Namiss mo rin pala ako noh kaya dito ka pa nagtrabaho."

Jeric stopped what he's doing to look up and see who owned that familiar voice accusing him of something untrue. Partly untrue. Because he truly missed her.

He missed Wensh.

"I was offered a job here, hindi ako nag-apply. Wag kang assuming," he coldly answered and went back to signing papers.

Remember all the things that you and I did first?

You got me, got me like this

Her cheeks turned red. "Kung alam ko lang, niyayakap mo pa rin yung unan ko sa pagtulog mo eh."

"What are you doing here anyway?" Jeric acted like he was annoyed by her presence when deep inside, he really wanted this conversation to be longer. "Nahanap mo pa talaga ang office ko. Baka ikaw yung nakamiss sakin."