Chapter 11: This Night is Far From Over

Mari's POV:

I start going through my clothes before deciding on something and slipping it on. Smiling I brush out my hair and check the time. Time to head to Elena's. I go downstairs. "LU! COME ON, WE NEED TO HEAD TO ELENAS!" I yell up to her. A second later says coming down the stairs. 

Not saying anything to her we head into the garage. We get into the Jeep and pull out, heading to the address Elena sent me. When I get there I take a deep breath and walk up to the front door and knock. Before anyone can answer I hear someone behind me. "Luna? Mari?" 

We turn and give him a small smile. "Hey Stefan." "What are you doing here?" "We're Bonnie's buffers tonight." I say. He nods. "Right." Then the door opens and Elena grins. "Heys guys, come on in." She says. We walk in and smile. 

It's definatly smaller than any house we've ever lived in, but it feels more like a home than mine does. Mine it too big in my opinion. "Dinner's ready." Bonnie says. I grin and help her and Luna get things on the table. "Thank you so much for showing up." She mumbles. 

I laugh, mostly because I know Stefan can still hear her. "Sure thing. We wouldn't leave you alone with them." Luna says. She grins at us and we take our seats. Most of dinner is awkward silence. 

Elena, Luna, and I exchange many glances across the table, begging the other to start some form of conversation before the mean is over. Elena finally starts. "Did Tanner give you a hard time today?" She asks him.

"Well, he let me on the team, so I must have done something right." "What team?" I ask. "Football. You both should have seen Stefan today. Tyler threw a ball right at him and-" "Yeah, I heard." Bonnie says, cutting her off. I can sense how uncomfortable she is.

"Why don't you tell Stefan about your family." Elena suggests. "Uh, divorced. No mom, lived with my dad." Bonnie says after sending Elena a 'really' look. "No, about the witches." Elena corrects. Stefan's eyes shoot to me.

"Bonnie's family has a lineage of witches. It's really cool." She tells him. "Cool isn't the word I'd use." Bonnie says. "Well, it's certainly interesting. I'm not too versed, but I do know that there's a history of Celtic Druids that migrated here in the 1800s." He says.

"My family came by way of Salem." "Really? Salem witches?" "Yeah." "Well, I'd day that's pretty cool." "Really?" "Yeah well, Salem witches are symbols of heroic individualism and non-conformity." He says, glancing at me before turning back to Bonnie. She smiles.

"Yeah, they are." With that she relaxes in her seat for the first time tonight. Suddenly the door bell rings. "Huh, I wonder who that could be." Elena says, getting up and walking to the door. I look at Bonnie confused and she just shrugs. When the door opens my blood runs cold. 

I glance at Stefan and he nods, getting up and walking to the door. Caroline happily marches into the room with a dessert in her hands, grinning. I walk up to her, putting on a fake smile. I glance back over at the door to see Damon smirking at both Stefan and I as he enters the house. 

He's been invited in. Stefan, Luna, and I exchange a worried look. This is defiantly not good. As the night goes on Stefan, Luna, and I all keep an eye on Damon, worried he's going to do something. Right now we're sitting in the living room drinking coffee and talking. 

I don't know why Caroline is here with Damon. I need to figure that out. I notice a scarf around her neck. He's feeding from her. Not a good sign. We need to do something about him quickly. With Damon and Caroline here we all gather in the living room for coffee. 

"I cannot believe that Mr. Tanner let you on the team. Oh, Tyler must be seething. But good for you. Go for it." Caroline beams at Stefan. "That's what I always tell him. You have to engage. You can't just sit there and wait for life to come to you. You have to go get it." Damon says, smirking. 

Pathetic. He knows what he's doing and it's pissing off not only his brother, but Luna and I as well. "Yeah, Elena wasn't so lucky today. It's only because you missed summer camp. God, I don't know how you're ever going to learn the routines." Caroline says, pouting a little. 

I resist the urge to roll my eyes. Despite how this might be her personality normally, she is still under Damon's control and I have to be aware of it. "I'll work with her. She'll get it." Bonnie cuts in, upset by the blonde's words. 

"I guess we can put her in the back." Elena's eyes narrow at Caroline. "You know, you don't seem like cheerleader type, Elena." Damon says, staring curiously at the girl. I wonder why he's here, really. I know it can't just be to bother Stefan. 

"Oh, it's just cause her parents died. Yeah, I mean, she's totally going through a blah phase. She used to be way more fun." She says, trying to cover up the blatant bitch move. I hear Luna trying to hold back a scoff. Bonnie shoots her a look. "And I say that with complete sensitivity." 

Yeah, right. "I'm sorry Elena. I know what it's like to lose both your parents. In fact, Stefan and I have watched almost every single person we've ever cared about die." Damon says. I look down at my hands and fiddle with the rings on them. 

I miss my mom and them just talking about dead parents isn't helping matters. I feel two sets of eyes on me so I look up. I first meet Luna's eyes which are sad and understanding and then I meet Stefan's eyes. 

His are also understanding, but there's another emotion hidden underneath that one. I can't tell what it is. "You don't need to get into that right now, Damon." Stefan finally tells his brother. "Ah, you know what, you're right, Stef. I'm sorry. The last thing I wanna do is bring her up." He says. 

I see his 'sincere' smile fade into a smirk and I glare. Asshole. Elena looks uncomfortable and Stefan looks annoyed. I mean, I get it. Damon's a dick. I check the time. This nigh this night is far from over.