SCP-3199

Item #: SCP-3199

Object Class: Euclid Keter

Special Containment Procedures: All live instances of SCP-3199 are to be contained on Site-114 within a Keter humanoid containment chamber, the walls of which should be coated in approximately two centimeter thick acid-resistant steel. Two meters of empty space are to be allocated between this chamber and secondary containment.

Secondary containment consists of suspending all live instances of SCP-3199 inside a solid block of strong, transparent substance (currently clear acrylic resin).

This block is to be at a height of at least three meters, with one armed security guard stationed directly outside initial containment at all times. An eight-digit passcode can be obtained from the current Site-114 director in order to access the initial containment chamber, and allow for close-up examination of SCP-3199's behaviour and appearance. CCTV equipment is, however, installed in one corner of the containment cell for remote observation.

Secondary containment is to be regularly examined for damages. Any sign of aggressive activity will be noted, and the current Site-114 Director informed at the earliest possible convenience.

A temporary recall procedure is detailed in Addendum 3199-03. Experiments involving the use of live SCP-3199 instances are strictly prohibited without approval from at least two personnel of Level-4 security clearance or above.

As of 12/6/2017, there are four present and contained instances of SCP-3199.

Description: SCP-3199 is a sentient humanoid species of a currently unknown biological origin, though tissue samples suggest traces of domestic chicken (Gallus gallus) and chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) DNA. Instances of SCP-3199 are hairless, stained with a thin layer of albumin, and stand at an average of 2.9 meters. Weight averages 780 kg for a matured instance, and 360 kg for a hatchling. The necks of SCP-3199 appear dislocated, and are capable of twisting approximately 340°, presumably due to the nature of SCP-3199's reproductive cycle.

SCP-3199 are opportunistic hunters, engaging with live subjects within a currently unidentified radius within a radius of 0.6 kilometers surrounding hatchlings that have not yet reached full adolescence. Average speed is recorded at 25 km/h. Upon contact with human or animal subjects, SCP-3199 will proceed to [REDACTED], liquefying internal organs and bone structure. The cadaver is then transported to the young and utilized as a form of nourishment.

Instances of SCP-3199 have been observed producing large eggs of an off-white coloration and rubbery appearance. These eggs pass through the entity's stomach, esophagus and eventually out via the mouth, followed by a viscous red substance (first thought to be a form of placenta, chemical breakdown has determined it to be a highly corrosive material.) SCP-3199 shows extreme distress throughout the process, with personnel describing the sound as 'not dissimilar to a scream'.

Presumably due to a biologically ingrained method of avoiding extinction, SCP-3199 produces its eggs to fill available space. This anomalous property currently has no known limit, and as a result may pose an LK-Class species transmutation scenario. Termination of SCP-3199 can be performed with relative ease. However, a complete eradication is currently impossible difficult, as all instances of SCP-3199 (regardless of age) carry one egg inside their stomach, ensuring survival for at least one member of their species at all times.

Egg samples have proven to be extremely resilient, lacking visible signs of damage after subjection to:

Extreme blunt-force trauma.Extensive pressure exceeding 180,000 psi.High-precision blades. (Serrated and non-serrated)Long-term acid exposure.