A Whole New World

Ava stepped out of her symmetrized house and explored her surroundings. The roses were supposed to be on the left. And the road was going the wrong way. But most peculiar of all, there was a hole in the ground.

 Ava didn't see it and fell into it. She screamed, but when she reached the bottom, the ground was soft moss. Ava looked in front of her. " Wow!" She exclaimed. In front of her was a great big village, and she saw a huge building that looked like a castle on a mountain not far away.  The air was filled with the sweet sense of smell. Only one thing bothered her. Everything was dark, and she could only see a shadow of the castle. But it was morning, and it should be the same thing when symmetrized. She saw an old woman, who looked kind-hearted and went up to her.            " Hello, ma'am, can I ask you why it is so dark when it is morning?" 

The woman frowned. " The rumors are that The Black Spirit blocks every piece of sunlight, and here we don't have supplies to make lights." She told me with a miserable voice.

"Oh," Ava replied. Ava wished to help them, but she knew nothing of the place. So she said, " Can you tell me where I am? I accidentally fell into a hole."

The woman smiled. " You must be a newcomer. You are not a spy, because the newcomers always are always falling into a hole that our great ruler, Queen Idelle sent. Please call her Queen Ida."

" This place is the Land Of Asnea," She continued, " As I said, Asnea is dark, just a bit of light from the moonlight.  The moonlight powers us, and urges to keep trying, so our men go out on dangerous journeys to find supplies that can help us make lamps. So far, none of our men have come back ever."

"Thank you for telling me. So, I can't go back, can't I?" Ava said as she looked at the hole no one could get up from, unless they could fly. 

" I don't think so. But I do think that you are signed up as a student in Spirit Academy." The woman replied with a smile. " By the way, I am Alicia Star. Please call me Madam Alice. To go to the academy, ride in one of those carriages, and then they will take you up the mountain." Madam Alice said, pointing the way while they were walking.

" It was nice to meet you Madam Alice, and I will be happy to attend Spirit Academy. And also, my name is Avalon Light, and please call me Ava." Ava said.

" Ok then, Ava, I will leave you right here. If you have any questions or concerns, then ask the carriage driver or the headmistress, Mrs. Julissa Wyzard. I will see you soon!" 

" Bye!" Ava waved, while Madam Alice walked away.