chapter thirty-three

Start from the beginning

John B was cut off when they spotted Ward ready to attack them once again. The two ducked, causing him to hit the security box with his hook.

John B pressed Ward against the side of the boat just under the sign, MY DRUTHERS but was then kicked in the most painful spot by Ward who then slammed the hook into his back.

Brooklyn grabbed ahold of the hook, slamming the man against the side.

The man struggled and pushed to shove the girl off him but eventually he freed himself from her and the hook slipped caught the side of her stomach, causing a tear down her hip. "Fuck!" She cursed as Ward went to attack the other sibling.

He got the hook caught around his cast which gave John B the perfect opportunity to punch Ward with his other hand. He fell backwards and John B quickly lifted his sister up off the ground, removing his bandana to press against the wound on her hip. He dragged her along and away from Ward, trying to find a way to escape.

They rushed inside the boat and John B started to rummage around under a couch cushion, opened up the storage box underneath it and pulled out a gun. He began to load it up with ammo as his sister kept a look out for Ward. She continued to apply pressure to her wound but god, did it hurt.

"Brooklyn. Shit, it's okay." She quickly sensed Ward in the room with them and her eyes darted upwards.

John B rose to his feet, holding the gun up high. "Stay right there! Don't move! Don't move! I swear I'll kill you, Ward."

"Do it. Do it, John B." Ward began to stumble towards them before stopping. "I know you want to."

"Fuck, shut up."

"But then... you'd have my body to deal with. Both of you." He looked over at Brooklyn who was trying to calm her breathing. "Believe me, it's more complicated than it seems. But hey, if you-." As John B fired a bullet, Ward cut in front and knocked the bullet by attempting to reach John B with the hook.

He shoved John B against the counter of the kitchen and as the two fought, Brooklyn stumbled over and her fist was quick to meet the side of his face. He fell back against the sofa and the twins rushed down the stairs and to the bottom floor.

John B and Brooklyn locked themselves in one of the rooms and John B's first thought was to find something to stop his sister from bleeding before she died on him. He grabbed a sheet blanket from one of the beds in the spare room they were locked in and held it to her hip, applying as much pressure as he could.

Brooklyn looked up to see an escape route. "John B." She pointed up to the hatch above their heads.

John B quickly pushed through, reaching up to lift the up the hatch so they could climb through. He held his hand out and pulled Brooklyn out, the blanket still wrapped around her body. The two scrambled around on the top deck to find some way to escape because now they were clueless.

The two were relieved when they spotted a jet-ski. Brooklyn made sure the coast was clear while John B messed around with the boat to get it lose. He untied it and lifted it off the deck and hovered it above water.

Once it was hovering above water, John B jumped on first. Brooklyn stood on the edge, holding onto her hip and looking at her brother with nothing but panic and fear. She couldn't mess this up.

"Come on, Bee. You got this. Come here." John B held his hands out so he could catch her incase she slipped or missed. When Brooklyn heard the faint sound of Ward's footsteps, she just jumped into the safety of her brother.

A shot was fired at John B just in time because he dropped the boat. The two darted off, their lives depending on it. For some time, Ward attempted to chase after them but the two were going so much faster than he expected so he missed his shot of killing them this time.

Brooklyn wrapped her arm around John B's waist and her other hand held onto her hip.

She had stained the bedsheet in nothing but blood.

"Shit! Brooklyn, are you okay?" John B yelled in case she couldn't hear over them gliding across the water. "I'm so- so sorry, Bee."

"I'm okay! I'm- I'm still alive." She laughed it off to lighten the mood. "I can't- I can't believe it. I just-."

As they sped up and got quicker, they began to run out of fuel and the boat suddenly came to a stop. "No. Shit. Fuck." John B cursed. His fingers drummed against the empty fuel box. It was definitely empty.

"Where even are we?" Brooklyn looked around at the surroundings but there was nothing but water and grass. This was all there ever was.

"Come on, we're going to Ms. Lana's for some answers." John B stepped off the jet-ski, the water wasn't too deep and he was able to just walk in it.

"Okay." Brooklyn removed the sheet from around her torso and grabbed onto John B's shoulders.

"Piggy back?" He held onto both her arms.

"Yeah."

She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms snaked around his neck. John B was holding underneath her knees and he had pulled her so far up that she could barely feel the water at her toes. She placed her chin upon his head and he began to trek through the water to get the twins out of the marsh and towards Ms. Lana's for some real answers on their father's disappearance.

She and John B didn't realise what they were walking into...

𝐓𝐁𝐇𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐒
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
ward is a BITCH like don't hurt bby brooklyn
also, i'm sorry, but i love brooklyn and john b as siblings... they are literally the BEST and i want a brother like him, damn