He had a beautiful body, she affirmed.

But more than that he had a beautiful heart. Behind this tough exterior, he was a real softie. And he had proved it over and over with the way he was so gullible to her demands, the way he showed protectiveness towards her, and last evening after she had mentioned Rajbeer, she saw he was affected. She knew it for sure cuz his restless fingers were fidgeting like they always did when his anxiety kicked in.

He was definitely affected.

But why? She had no answer to that.

 She stood there shamelessly ogling at his sleeping form. She thought back to last evening when he had circled his arms around her, after her melt down.

Despite her foul mood, she had experienced a zap of electricity run through her, leaving her whole body tingling.

Looking at him now, she imagined herself in place of the pillow that was tucked under his strong arms.

Her heart yearned for his touch again. She wanted to feel the comforting warmth again. But her mind was chastising her and reminding her of Meghana’s crying face.

It told her, “You will be the next Meghna if you don’t stop now”. 

What had happened with Meghana was a mystery to her. She wanted to know more, but she knew he would not like her probing into his personal space. But she had to find out somehow. Irrespective of where this thing between them goes, she wanted to find out the truth about Meghna, for her mental peace.

She was feeling dizzy with the churning of thoughts constantly in her head. She shut her eyes tight and leaned against the closet for some support.

Suddenly she saw him stir, like he was about to wake up and she scampered out of the room stealthily. 

The morning breezed past with them getting through their respective workouts, a scrumptious spread of breakfast by Rashmi kaki and finally they both started working.

Sidharth, as usual locked in his writing room, probably furiously typing out drafts and Shehnaaz perched on the lounger with her laptop as she replied to his business mails and also kept an eye on her babies, playing happily in the lawn.

After an hour, He stomped down furiously and stood in the porch, as he lit a cigarette, taking deep drags.

He was upset about something.

“Kya hua?” she asked shutting her laptop, and stood beside him with her hands folded across her chest.

“Kuch nahi” he said, cracking his fingers on his free hand.

“Yeh ungal todne ka kaam tu tabhi karta hai jab tu stressed hota hai. Toh bol hi mat ki kuch nahi” she said innocently taking him by surprise.

“Abey aye, tu kya study karti rehti hai mere pe? Harr ek cheez kaise pata chal jaati hai tujhe? woh bhi mere bina kuch bole?” he said annoyed.

“Anyway, main kuch likh hi nahi paa raha hu yaar subah se.. mera dimaag sadd raha hai soch soch ke.But kya soch raha hu wohi nahi pata. Subah se ek word nahi lik paya hu main” he rubbed his face, exasperated.

She looked at him for a moment, and silently went inside and came out with a small bowl in her hand.

She resumed her position on the lounger.

“Idhar aaja, baith yaha pe” she gestured him to sit near her feet.

He looked at her as if she had grown two horns. What was she trying to do?