Twenty-Three

Quinn

Moving the rest of my stuff into Daniel's house had been easy. Trying to figure out where to put everything was another story. We decided, for now, to store what we could in the guest bedroom until we could sort out what we didn't want. Daniel and I planned a garage sale, but we were rained out. Twice. So, for now, he and I have been 'discussing' things of ours to keep and get rid of.

Stella was just happy to have me around at all times. Everywhere I went, she was at my heels, ready to have her belly scratched or her butt rubbed. I even bought her a new toy, a little brown and white hedgehog that, much to Daniel's dismay, squeaked every time Stella chewed on it.

Because we had been too busy moving all of my things and rearranging Daniel's house, we hadn't even shown up at the club and at one point I had fifteen notifications from the rest of the bartenders wondering when I was coming back to work. I finally had to tell them I didn't know because Daniel was being slightly overprotective and the doctor was still insisting on me wearing the boot.

Tonight, however, Daniel and I were finally going back to the club with a promise of something exciting, but Daniel wouldn't tell me what. In fact, for the last week, Daniel had been really jumpy and I couldn't figure out why. I'd walk into a room and he'd shut his phone off or slam a drawer in his office. Once, he almost slammed his fingers into the drawer.

I had tried to pry it out of him, but Daniel was more stubborn than a mule.

The entire ride to the club, Daniel's grin kept growing and by the time we parked, his smile could've reached his ears. I kept quiet, knowing that it wouldn't do me any good to ask for the millionth time why he was excited.

Instead of coming in the back entrance, Daniel insisted we go through the front entrance. As we walked in, everything seemed normal. The club was full of members, enjoying themselves and their drinks, but they all kept giving me smirks as we made our way to the V.I.P. section.

There were shouts and whistles and when I looked up, everyone was clapping and cheering. Behind them was a big banner that said: 'Welcome Back, Quinn!'

I could feel my heart burst with happiness as I turned to Daniel, "You did all this for me?"

"Yeah, well everyone helped, so it's not like it was just me or anything—"

I hugged him tightly, "Thank you,"

Daniel pushed me towards the stairs and I almost tripped trying to make my way up to the small party. Owen and Cale were the first to greet me, with Owen pulling me towards the side where two tables of food sat.

"I wasn't sure what kind of food you liked, so I kind of made a mess of food and whatever we don't eat, will go to staff on their breaks since they always work so much,"

I gave Owen a smile and a small hug, "Thanks, Owen. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the food. It looks amazing as always. You're going to be a great restaurateur," Owen blushed and shrugged.

An arm wrapped around Owen's shoulders, "Honey, what're you shrugging for? Quinn is right and just as a future warning, we will all be there opening night of your restaurant," Annie squeezed Owen tightly before switching sides and hugging me even tighter.

When she let go, she pulled me in for a second hug, "I'm so happy you're back! I know you have to take it easy with your leg, but I cannot wait for you to come back to work! I'm sure all the Doms are going to miss your long hair though," she reached up and ran her fingers through the small mess of hair I had now. I smiled sadly at her. If anyone missed my hair, it was me.

I wasn't allowed to dwell on the sad feelings for very long as someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned and couldn't suppress the small shout of excitement.