——————————————-

kida was seated beside stiles, her least favourite teacher writing on the board, with scott in front of them. "maybe it was my blood on the door." kida turned her body to face the boy in front of her, pushing stiles out of the way so she could look at him properly. "could have been animal blood." it was a possibility, scott could've just followed the scent of blood and caught some little animal to chow down on, rather than murdering someone. "maybe you caught a rabbit or something."

"and did what?" scott stared in disbelief at his two best friends, not paying attention to the class. "ate it. are you dumb?" scott glared at kida, his brows furrowing when he realised what she'd said. "raw?" stiles rolled his eyes, and kida could practically feel the sarcasm radiating off him. "no, you stopped to bake it in a little werewolf oven. i don't know, you're the one who cant remember anything." kida snorted rather loudly at this, making stiles grin at the fact he had made her laugh.

"mr stilinski, miss nadakh, if that's your idea of a hushed whisper, you might want to pull the headphones out every once in a while." kida rolled her eyes, giving a fake apologetic smile to the arrogant teacher and slumping down in her seat. "i think the three of you would benefit from a little distance, yes?" kida threw her arms up in the air in protest, huffing when mr harris pointed to a seat in the front for her to go. she gave stiles a longing look, begrudgingly standing up and sitting next to the blonde girl. scott was moved in front of jackson, who was smirking at the boy.

suddenly, a girl shouted that they'd found something, scott and kida rushing to the window. jackson stood beside her, looking down and sending her what seemed to be a genuine smile. stiles saw this, instantly moving to stand behind kida, his hands resting on her hips. there was a man being wheeled on a gurney, who suddenly jumped up and screamed. kida let out a small scream, turning to bury her face into stiles' chest. he wrapped a single arm around her body, grabbing onto scott's shoulder with the other.

"this is good. he got up, he's not dead. dead guys can't do that." kida buried her face further into the boy's chest, scott lifting a hand to rub her back comfortingly. "stiles...i did that." kida shook her head, refusing to believe that it was scott. even on his bad days, scott wouldn't hurt a fly. he was too caring for that. stiles just cupped the back of her head, kissing her temple gently.

they made their way to lunch, the boys still going on about how scott has almost killed a bus driver. as they talked, lydia say beside scott, her signature smile on her face. as soon as stiles noticed her, it was like kida didn't even exist. she huffed, crossing her arms on the table and letting her head rest on them. she felt a soft foot kick her under the table, a concerned look etched across scott's faced. of course he knew what was wrong with her, he could read the girl like a book.

she smiled when she saw danny sit beside stiles, waving at the lacross player and getting a grin back. "hey, princess." stiles looked awkwardly between the two, switching between glaring at danny and pouting at kida. "hey, prince charming. are you still coming over tonight?" the two had planned to watch cheesy rom coms and eat ice cream all night, seeing as neither scott nor stiles would ever do that with her. "you know it." stiles looked disheartened at the fact she was spending time with danny and not him, but soon remembered that danny didn't actually like girls."

her smile faded slightly as jackson approached them, making another lacrosse player get up and move. "how come you never make danny get up?" danny smiled cheekily, patting the boy's shoulder and shoving him. "because i don't stare at his girlfriend's coinslot." the conversation quickly changed once jackson sat down, lisa's heart rate quickening when they began talking about the attack. "so i hear they're saying it's some type of animal attack. probably a cougar."

jackson sat back in his seat, a new idea popping into his head. "i heard mountain lion." lydia and kida both looked up, making eye contact and turning to the captain. "a cougar is a mountain lion." they said it at the same time, but when jackson shot lydia a look, she quickly added on the end, "isn't it?" kida could never comprehend why lydia acted dumb, the girl was a complete genius and it seemed only she could see it. when jackson relayed some idea of it being a 'homeless tweaker', stiles shot forward with his phone, showing the group a news broadcast.

"i know that guy. when i used to take the bus, back when i lived with my dad. he was the driver." kida and stiles shot each other a look, one that held concern and a whole lot of 'we're screwed' in it. "can we talk about something slightly more fun please? like where we're going tomorrow night?" allison shot forward, kida now paying actual attention to the conversation. "you said you and scott we're hanging out tomorrow, right?" kida bit back a laugh, knowing that scott was going to have to suffer a double date with makeout central over there.

"well i am not sitting home and watching lacrosse videos again, so if the four of us are hanging out together, we are doing something fun." scott quickly turned to allison, practically pleading with her not to go out with them. she didn't want to hurt lydia's feelings by saying no, so simply said it would be fun. "you know what else would be fun! stabbing myself in the face with this fork." kida scoffed, rolling her eyes at the boy's arrogance and plucking the fork out of his hand. "how about i do it for you, jackass?"

danny choked on his water when she said this, spluttering as he tried to hold back his giggles. jackson rolled his eyes at the blonde girl, slapping danny on the arm so he'd shut up. she tuned out the rest of the conversation, laying her head on stiles' shoulder and sighing. the two of them were never invited anywhere, seeing as scott was their only friend. "hey, kida, why don't you come?" her head shot up from where it was, her eyes practically popping out of her head.

"i can't. milo's coming home and stiles is coming over." she gave the girls an apologetic smile, wrapping her hand around stiles' under the table. he gave it a light squeeze, letting her know that he had her back, and wouldn't give anything away. "who's milo?" lydia raised her eyebrows in a suggestive manner, her eyes darting around how close stiles and kida were sat. "my brother, lyds. he's my brother."

"well that's boring."