Chapter 22

Rebecca P.O.V 

I walked back to the girls, Patrick went to get the car. 

"There's an emergency at home and I have to go, I'm so sorry I have to leave so quickly " I rushed out 

"Really, that's awful but can't you stay for a little while longer, we have just started to get to know each other more " Was she trying to make me stay, she was obviously watching me during my talk with Marcus, did she know we were on to her. Was she trying to make me stay so that when everyone was gone, she could find the perfect opportunity to write me off?

 "If I could I would honestly but unfortunately I'm needed" I tried to smile sadly 

"Oh, I hope everything is sorted soon. I would like to meet again, alone  maybe " she does want to get me alone to kill me off 

Maybe was all I said before I kind of ran out of there. 

As I walked into the room Marcus engulfed me into a hug. 

"Your okay" 

"Yes I am, you said you had a hunch on Zoe " 

"Yes, let's go into the living room, a private  investigator I hired is inside" 

"Why did you hire a private investigator "

"The justice system can move slow and they can take forever to find a suspect and I don't have a lot of patiences and I can't rest until I know that she's locked up and your safe " aww, that touched me . It shows that he cares and its really touching. I looked up at him and I knew I had this look in my eyes and if he really paid attention , he would see . 

"Thanks I guess " 

 We walked inside , I was kind off taking a back by how the living room  looked . Most of the furniture that was originally there was now replaced with a table for four and chairs and computers. Sophia would be pissed if she was here and I know that Marcus would get everything in place before his hot head sister comes home. 

"So what do we have so far," I asked, I wanted to get this over with. If Marcus was right and Zoe was my stalker, we could have her in jail and I could be safe again. 

"So with the letter" the P.I started " as you can see with these letters, the words from the letter were made with works from newspaper clipping and it  was also the same style of writing that Zoe used two years ago when she was stalking  Mr. Knight. And I know anyone could have taught about that to cover up their tracks and I  thought that too until I pulled up the security vedioes of the day the apartment was broken into and we have videos showing Zoe at the scene of the crime at the time of the crime" 

The P.I showed us the footage and he was right , Zoe was seen sneaking around the apartment around the time our apartment was broken into . She was seen exiting the elevator and walking towards the door, then she looked around to see if anyone was there and that's a very suspicious thing to do. 

She then puts something into  the mail box and goes back into the elevator and ten minutes after she's back again but this time she's with a man and they were carrying different boxes and other things I didn't know. 

"As you can see at the time stamp 15:32 , she puts something into the mail box and we have recovered it. It was an apology letter to Mr. Knight for what she did two years ago and she also stated that she still loved him so that led us to believe that she still wants to be apart of Mr. knight's life and romantically. And because Mr. Knight is married , she sees Mrs. Knight as an obcicles that she needs to overcome so that she can get back into Mr.Knight's life and as we can see she would do anything and go to any lengths " 

 "So you think , she thinks she has a chance with him so that's why she's doing this" I asked still not able to process what they said , it so much to take in. 

"Yes, exactly" 

"That's ridiculous , I would never be with her . I never had romantic feelings for her" 

"We know that Mr. Knight but what she thinks and feels is all her and you didn't contribute to anything " 

"And base and all this evidence we have , we can get a ten year imprisonment , all we have to do is hand over the current evidence to the police and we can get a warrant to search her apartment for any evidence ad if we find any there is a better chance of putting her in jail" 

"Okay" I said taking it all in 

"How soon can we get a warrant " 

"As soon as tomorrow " 

"That's great, thank you for your help " he said showing Mr. William out 

He walked back into the room shortly after 

"Go to bed , I'll clean up here " 

"Okay"  I went to the bedroom and got ready . I couldn't sleep because my mind us racing and I was having trouble processing everything that happeneed today. I went from having lunch and making friend to learning that one of the girls I was having lunch with is the one that is stalking me. 

"Your still awake "  Marcus asked, he slid into the bed and hugged me from behind. I turned around to face him.  The moonlight that was streaming through the windows eliminated his face, he looked so beautiful. 

"Is there something on my face " he asked while smirking 

"No " 

"Why aren't you sleeping, " he asked 

"I can't sleep, there's just so much things on my mind and I'm so overwhlemed " 

"I know that it's a hard time but just think about this . Tomorrow she'll be arrested and you'll be safe again" and I did and surprisingly I did fall asleep

*******

"Rebecca" 

"Yes"

"They got the warrant and are about to go to Zoe's apartment"

"Oh"

"I want to go " 

"Why" 

"I just want to , I don't have a specific reason" 

"Okay let's go " 

We went into the car and drove fifteen minutes until we reached Zoe's apartment . The whole ride I was panicking but I had to do this I wanted to do this. When we arrive , our P.I and the police was already there .

"Are you ready" Marcus asked me 

"Yeah I am"

KNOCK 

My heart started to beat fast as I hear the doorknob turn , this is it , there's no going back . 

*
*
*
Thoughts on the chapter?