Late Night Adventures

Y/n's POV

"Ok so at 1:25 am we're gonna go  downstairs, get some food, and come back up."

"Got it" I gave the little girl I babysit Naomi a look indicating that I was serious.

"Trust me Y/nn I got this"

Time skip

"Naomi it's go time" I said from her bedroom door. I didn't even think she would stay up this long but I was wrong.

We walked out of her room when she was about to go downstairs but I stopped her. "What is it?"

"I forgot what time your Mom gets home, but here's the plan. You have to make sure the dog isn't in our way cause that can cause unnecessary problems. And if you hear the front door opening whistle."

"I don't know hot whistle"

"Me neither, but just make some kind of noise to get my attention."

I went down the stairs first to make sure no monsters were trying to attack us. I heard a loud creek so I jumped down the rest of steps ready to fight any incoming predators.

I grabbed my toy nun chucks from my back pocket ready for battle. Meanwhile Naomi was behind me giggling at my actions.

I was scared of the dark, more like the things in the dark. I was maybe overreacting but still you never know.

I looked to my right and all I seen was darkness making me start to think this was a bad idea, but I know that if I backed out Naomi would be sad.

"Naomi what do you want to eat?" She shrugged her shoulders and continued to look for her dog that happens to hate me for some reason.

"Get your dog before it gets me, you know that thing doesn't like me"

"Her name is Sprinkles and she isn't gonna get you, you're just a big baby"
I playfully rolled my eyes and carried on with the mission.

As we got closer to the kitchen I started to hear snoring. "Oh crap I forgot your grandpa was here" I turned around to tell Naomi the new plan but she wasn't there.

My first thought was that the monster of darkness got her and she was a goner, but I'm pretty sure her Mom wouldn't be happy with that solution so I set out to find her.

I could search for her now but first I have to get her grandfather out of the way. I slowly walked towards the room that her grandad was located and quietly closed the door.

I turned around and squinted my eyes looking further into the darkness which only scared myself even more.

I remembered I had a mission to accomplish and it was gonna get done so I continued my journey.

I had two things on my mind right now, finding Naomi and getting the food without getting caught to, but mostly finding Naomi.

I travelled around in the dark for about 2 more minutes before I saw a figure sitting on the stairs.

Once again I thought of something that's physically impossible, but that's just the way my mind works so as Annabelle sat on the stairs I took the the time to flick on the light which brightened up the staircase.

I now realized that the figure on the stairs that I believed was Annabelle was actually Naomi sitting there with her knees to her chest and her head in her hands.

"What's wrong why are you crying?" That was a stupid question, I knew why she was crying.

"You left me all by myself, what if the Boogie Man got me or Freddy?" Honestly if that was the case I probably would have left her, but she didn't need to know that.

"I didn't leave you I turned around and you were gone"

"No I told you I had to go to the bathroom." I didn't remember that part of the situation but it's whatever.

"Well I'm here now, and if I'm correct we still have an adventure ahead of us so let's get to it" I stopped kneeling down and got up holding out my hand for her to grab.

"How about you get on my back so that we don't lose each other again?" Naomi loved riding on my back so this would definitely make her happy.

She jumped in her spot happily and then jumped on my back laughing loudly.

"Shhh you don't wanna wake up grandpa right?" She put her finger up to her lips laughing quieter.

We finally made it to the kitchen, but when we got in there the 4 legged creature I've been trying to avoid all night looked my way.

I'm not sure why but when dogs stop their movements and look at you I feel like they're going to start barking and chasing you.

I slowly backed away and ended bumping into something, or more like someone which caused me to let out a loud scream and run out of the kitchen with Naomi still on my back.

She was laughing her little head off  while I on the other hand was running for my life.

The demon dog was still chasing us even as we started up the stairs and it was barking and I know for a fact that woke up Naomi's grandfather.

I got into her room and closed the door behind me, gently laying Naomi on her bed and telling her to fake sleep.

I was most definitely going to get in trouble for this one. I was in the middle of thinking of an excuse when I heard the doorknob to Naomi's bedroom door start turning so I quickly laid down on my palette and acted sleep.

The door opened and the light from the hallway made its way into the room.

"Y/n I know you're awake" Meagan, Naomi's mom angelic voice rang through my ears, but still I pretended to asleep.

I was positive she would just let it slide and walk out the room, but no Naomi just had to start laughing and get us caught.

"C'mon Naomi we almost got away with that one" As much as I tried to stay serious Naomi's contagious laugh caused a smile to make its way on my face.

"Y/n I tell you this every time that you can never escape me, I'll always catch you and Naomi trying to get snacks in the middle of the night"

"Well what about that one time Naomi and I got ice cream at 4 in the morning, you didn't catch us then"

This wasn't the first time Meagan caught me and Naomi on one of our midnight missions.

"I caught you that time too, I was just too tired to react"

"In my defense, I was only trying to um... get Naomi to be adventurous" That was a a pretty bad reason and I can tell Meagan thought so to just by the look on her face.

"It's ok to have fun, but does it have to be at 1, 2, or 4 in the morning?"

"I guess not, but that's what makes it more exciting" I looked to Naomi silently asking for help and luckily for she got the hint.

"Yeah mommy Y/n's the best, she watches movies with me and makes me cookies, and tells me stories about the tooth fairy, and holds my hand when we watch Freddy, and this one time she even-"

I put my hand over her mouth cutting off her words knowing that I told her not to tell her mom.

"I thought I told you not to let her  watch that movie" I laughed nervously before replying.

"I thought she was sleep, and the next thing I know she's hiding under the blanket, it wasn't exactly my fault

"Why didn't you watch it in my room or in the living room or something"

"I didn't wanna watch it by myself, what if I fell asleep and The Krueger got me?"

"You're so childish" Meagan laughed it off and looked at Naomi who was now peacefully sleeping.

"I'll let you slide... again but I got my eye on you Y/ln."

"Understood Ms. Good" I said with a playful salute at the end which she shook her head at.

"We'll get her next time" I whispered to myself before laying down and eventually falling asleep.