Prologue

Trepidation : a feeling of fear about something that may happen

_____

*8 Months Later*

Lydia White

Have you ever lived as if you were dreaming?

It's like you can't comprehend that your daily basis is a reality. You try and appreciate every moment you have, because you don't know when you're going to wake up.

That's how it's felt for the past eight months.

I've been trying to live for every second, but there's moments where I have to step back and take it all in...

...Take in the fact that I have a daughter. Take in the fact that the love of my life is her father.

Today was one of those moments.

I stand behind the tall wooden set of doors with my father, letting out exhales of nervousness.

My father smiles at me, crinkles by his blue eyes.

"You've never looked so beautiful." he says. I could hear the emotion in his voice and see the tears forming in his eyes.

"Don't cry, dad." I chuckle, already on the verge of tears myself.

"I know. I know, I'm sorry." he nods.

Seeing him all flustered pulled at my heart strings.

He raised me, and he's watching me grow up.

I put my hand up on his shoulder and look into his eyes.

"Please know how much I love you."

He immediately pulls me in for what might be the tightest hug he's ever given me. I feel a small tear escape me, which I curse because I didn't want my makeup to look ruined.

"You'll always be my little girl." he mumbles into my shoulder and I hug him tighter.

I pull away and smile at him once more.

He's come so far in accepting my life choices. He used to resent Harry so much for what he did, but now he's realized how much we love each other.

And we love each other so much.

Before I know it, the soft piano music strikes up, and the wooden doors begin open.

I take a deep breath and feel my father's arm hook around mine.

My eyes glance up and I see everyone standing, looking at me...

The bride.

I saw my family members on one side, then members of The Kings on the other. We had told my family that they were Harry's close friends.

I saw my mother, holding my beautiful baby in her arms. She was dressed up in a pretty soft pink, fluffy dress, a white bow in her blonde hair and her tiny fingers hanging out of her mouth.

I look forward as my father and I walk and see Eliza in a beautiful pink gown on one side of the altar, looking probably the classiest she ever had. She gave me a smile and a nod of approval.

Then, on the other side, I saw Louis and Niall. They were dressed in grey suits.

I know how much they hated suits.

But they did it for us.

And finally, the second that my eyes met his, I felt everything move in slow motion. All it took was one glance and it was like I was reliving falling in love with him for the first time.