𝟸𝟹 ❁ 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚎𝚎

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I know." Pope replied. "But why don't you wanna be around her?"

Kayanna shrugged. She couldn't think of a reason other than the fact that they shared the same sperm donor.

"Okay well, John B? You're picking Kie. It's not even a choice. Kie."

"I'm picking both." He grumbled walking inside.

"Well I should probably—" Kayanna started, standing up.

"Oh hey, what about hanging out? We could surf right now, right? We can take John B's boards." Pope interrupted.

"Uh, yeah... but I should probably go see how Kiara is. She probably needs me right now."

"Oh. Yeah. Okay, cool. Later then?"

"Yeah, later. For sure." She smiled before walking out the screen door and heading towards the dock. JJ was there with Kie, so she walked slowly. She began walking down the dock when she saw JJ stand up. He saluted her when he walked past her on the dock making her chuckle.

"Hey." She spoke when she finally reached Kiara.

"Hey." Kiara said quietly.

Kayanna sat down next to her. "I'm sorry he's being a dick."

Kie nodded.

"Hey, do you wanna have that sleep over?"

"Absolutely." Kie said sighing as she stood up. The girls walked down the dock to Kie's car.

"Let's get out of here."

• ❁ •

When the girls had reached Kie's house, they'd watched tv and ate as much junk food as the could handle. Kie spoke a little about the Sarah incident but eventually the girls found drinking away their problems to be more fun for the time being.

When the morning came, they made chocolate chip pancakes and ate standing in the kitchen.

"Morning girls." Mr. Carrara spoke, pouring himself a cup of coffee and joining Mrs. Carrara at the table. "Have fun last night?"

"Yeah, it was good." Kie said absentmindedly.

"Yeah." Kayanna smiled. Sometimes she was good with adults and sometimes she wasn't. Today was a day she was not.

"Hey, Kiara, I think one of your friends is down by the docks." Mrs. Carrara pointed out, squinting out the sliding glass doors to hopefully get a better look.

Kie walked to the kitchen window and glanced out. Yup, that was Pope. She sighed. "Here we go." She said quietly to Kayanna.

They grabbed their bags and headed out the door. "Thank you both for letting me stay over." Kayanna smiled at the couple at the table.

"Glad you had a good time." Mrs. Carrara smiled.

"Anytime." Mr. Carrara spoke glancing at her as she followed after Kie. Maybe she was good with adults today.

"Code red." Pope spoke as Kie and Kayanna neared the HMS Pogue.

"What the hell is going on?" Kie asked, her icy exterior back.

"JJ and John B conked out in the marsh. They need a tow."

"Uh, okay, well what does that have to do with us?"

"They need you guys for mechanical."

"I don't know anything about boats." Kayanna stated as she stepped into the boat.

"Moral support?"

• ❁ •

Pope pulled the boat up alongside a bigger one. Kie held onto the side and hopped up into it. Kayanna glanced at Pope before following after Kie.

"Be right back." She spoke. That avoiding shit was really starting to suck.

"No, you won't." Pope spoke under his breath after she was on the boat.

"What happened?" Kie asked John B and JJ.

"Uh, the alternator's, uh, not alternating anymore." JJ spoke, a tool in hand.

"It's not charged."

"Did you check the plugs?"

"No, no you should check them." The boys stood up.

"You should help her." John B nudged Kayanna towards Kie. Weird.

Kayanna bent down next to Kie. "What's wrong?"

"Uh, is this a joke? There are no plugs, like, at all." Plugs?

Kie's eyes met Kayanna's when they heard a splash. Kie hurried out of the room, stopping when she heard shouts from below deck. She lifted a panel to reveal Sarah Cameron. What the fuck?

"Guys! Are you serious?! Are you joking?!" Kie yelled.

"Wha— are they leaving us?" Kayanna panicked.

"Get your asses back here!"

"We can't. Not until you guys figure it out."

"I will kill all of you!"

"You can't just leave!"

"There's food in the cabin and JJ rolled a blunt!" Pope shouted, giving a thumbs up.

"Hydroponic!"

"Are they actually leaving?!" Kayanna continued panicking.

"This is ridiculous."

"Yeah they're fucking leaving us." Kie rolled her eyes.

Kayanna watched, her eyes wide as Sarah jumped in the water and swam back when the boys drove away.

"What?" Kie muttered when Sarah yelped.

"I got stung by a jellyfish. Shit!"

"Dramatic." Kie muttered to Kayanna. "You swam right into a man-o'-war. Don't know what you though was gonna happen."

"Thanks for your help. Ow."

"Does it hurt?"

"You know what they say about Jellyfish stings. One of you has to pee on me."

Kayanna's eyes darted from Sarah's sting to Kie. "What— do I—"

"I have a better idea."

• ❁ •

A/n

I love pope and I love jj and good night

peace <3