𝟸𝟹 ❁ 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚎𝚎

"No effing way." Kie paced around John B's porch. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?"

"I dunno." Pope spoke when John B looked to him for support.

"Look, all I care about is that her cut comes out of your share." JJ said.

Kie cleared her throat at Kayanna, waiting for her to take her side. Her eyes widened. "I-I don't, I guess— I don't know." Kie sent her a glare. "I mean, no, yeah, no. Probably not a good idea."

"Who even is she?" Sarah muttered under her breath to John B.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote." Kie spoke, steam coming out her ears. "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all this." Pope stated.

"Thank you!"

"When are you not?"

"I dunno, I rode here on the back JJ's bike pretty comfortably."

"It's true. Most relaxed I've seen him. Other than when he's with Kay." JJ agreed. Kayanna furrowed her brows slightly. What does that mean?

"That's cute guys."

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her here." Kie retorted.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah spoke starting an argument between the two girls.

Kayanna didn't know Sarah at all. All she knew is what she'd heard from Kie. And although Kie was definitely biased, Kayanna hadn't necessarily seen Sarah do anything specifically good. She hadn't seen her do anything bad either, though. She definitely didn't hate her, but she didn't trust her either.

"Kie, you're my best friend. And Sarah, you're my girlfriend."

"She's your girlfriend now? What was all that talk about using her for information? And what about that fact that she's a Kook? You freaked out when I brought Kayanna because apparently she was such a Kook, when you didn't. even. know. her." Kie spoke emphasizing her words. "You're such a hypocrite, God!" Kie exclaimed.

"You said you were using me?"

"No."

"Yeah you did."

"Look, love just walked in! Okay? And I'm not gonna deny it." Cringeee.

"Oh, vomit."

"Look, cut the bullshit, John B. If she's in I'm out."

Kayanna stood up from her seat, standing next to Kie. She seemed like she might need some support. "Me too." Kay said quietly. Confrontation = not her thing.

"I'm not doing this. I can't."

"You are going to decide."

"I'm very interested, actually. Me or her?"

"Both."

Kayanna watched as a hurt look flashed across Kie's face. She turned away and walked off the porch.

"It'll be cool, right?" Sarah spoke to John B. "I'm gonna leave. Let y'all chat. Let me know." She said, leaving in a different direction.

"Great job, John B." JJ sighed, standing up. "I'm gonna go talk to her." He said following Kie to the docks. Kayanna sighed and sat back down.

"Why don't you want her to come?" Pope turned to Kayanna, hoping to possibly settle some part of the dispute no matter how little.

"I just don't really wanna be around her, I guess." It'd probably be kinda weird to be around a half sister who doesn't know she's your half sister.... "Plus Kie..."