Chapter 2

"Im here to see Lucifer" i said sheepishly watching the bouncer stood in front of the door to Lux. I found myself pulling the hem of the dress down a bit. "Let her in" a familiar voice yelled from inside. Reluctantly the man moved aside and let me enter the empty club.

"I didn't expect you so early," i followed the voice to the bar where I was met by Maze, "Lucifers out doing 'work'." She made finger quotations as she said work. "Oh uh thanks um your keys." I slid them across the bar slowly with my hand, "thanks for letting me stay the night and for the clothes." I found myself readjusting the dress for the umpteenth time today. "You shouldn't worry it looks good on you. I'd sleep with you." Maze teased winking at me. "Right um about last night, I had fun and I appreciate you letting me stay." I began to wander away in my trail of thinking as I spat out the first words to come to my mind.

"Relax (Y/N) we didn't have sex and even if we did it would have just been that sex." Maze mused raising her eyebrow at me snapping me out of my slippery slope. "Oh yeah I guess your right." I let out a tut shaking my head, " guess that's what i get for not having a sex life for the last 6 months."

Just then the doors of Lux opened and in came a tall well groomed man followed closely by a blonde haired woman who the man kept referring to as Detective. "Lucifer we need a favour." Maze stated bluntly. "Maze whatever it is im busy it'll have to wait." Lucifer called back as he continued to speed walk up the stairs and into the elevator the 'detective' following closely behind. "He seems interesting?" I mused. "You don't know the half of it." Maze responded a grin making my heart skip a beat. "It should be illegal to look that good." I muttered under my breath barley above a whisper. "Oh honey im flattered." Maze responded the grin on her lips growing.

"I am so good at digging my own grave," i turned around. "Listen maze thanks for your help, I need to go out get myself some job interview appropriate clothes," I tugged the short skirt down again, " and then go and find a job."

"You should wait for lucifer." Maze objected. "Maze i can't thank you for the help you've given me and for your company but I've got to get a job I can't afford a roof over my head." I turnrd my head and looked over my shoulder, "and time is money." With that I left Lux but not before hearing Maze last words beconing after me "its your funeral."

-------
~3 months later~

The doors to lux slid open the clubs music vibrating through my very being. A lot had happened in 3 months but one thing that had stuck in my mind was tall dark and sexy. I slid into an empty barstool and beckoned the bartender over. "Is Mazikeen working tonight?" The bartender raised his eyebrows, "Maze doesn't work here anymore, what are you drinking?" I looked down at my hands a little disappointed, I'd even dressed up in tightest leatheriest dress I could find that showed a lot of cleavage and short to-boot.

"She'll have a whiskey on the rocks, and I'll take my usual." That voice it was awfully familiar, the rich velvety sound that made my heart do all kinds of funky things. "MAZE." I covered my mouth realising id just yelled in her face, I laughed sheepishly as a slowly moved my hands from over my mouth as I realised I had just yelled directly into her ear. "Its been awhile," she took a few seconds to take in what I was wearing, "glad something haven't changed."