Had Enough

Voldemort froze, his wand halfway up, as he turned his head to see Harry glaring at him, wand at the ready. Everyone seemed to stun to move as the two fighters seemed to gather their power around them. Everyone backed away and watched as the two beings began to walk counterclockwise, just glaring at each other. It was Riddle who spoke first.

"How did you survive? My Death Eaters confirmed you were dead."

Harry smirked,

"I used 'the power he knows not.' The Power of the Hogwarts four in one vessel."

He saw Riddle narrow his eyes.

"That is not possible. For I am the Heir of Slythrein." He stated smugly.

Harry snorted.

"No. You ancestor was disowned. I am the true heir. In my veins flows the blood of the Founders. By right of conquest, you relinquished your unfounded claim when you failed to kill me."

Riddle snarled at him.

"You have no basis on that claim, half-blood."

Harry smiled.

"Just like you. After all, everyone knows that Riddle isn't a magical name. Isn't that right Tom?"

Harry could see the anger on the other man's face and knew that the final battle was close.

"I will kill you for that. Then I'll move on to your friends and their families, and so on until I purge this world of the taint that fills it. Crucio!"

Harry dived to the side, landing in a crouch as he sent a reducto at Riddle. Tom spun away and regained his aim as Harry moved on the offensive.

"Sectumsempra!"

"Protego Horribilis!"

Harry watched the curse strike the shield, but didn't wait for Voldemort to go back on the offensive.

"Incarcerous!"

Rope shot from Harry's wand, heading for Riddle. The man waved his wand, turning them into snakes and sent them at Harry.

"Fera Verto!"

The snakes that were attempting to take a bite out of Harry were turned into harmless goblets at Riddle's expense. Harry moved quickly, staying mobile so as to keep Riddle from hitting him. However, it seemed Tom had the same idea. Harry sent a tongue tying hex at Voldemort the man avoided as he sent another crucio at Harry. He barely managed to avoid it as he sent a freezing charm at the spot just in front of Voldemort. The man didn't react quickly enough and lost his balance. Harry rose to his feet and took aim.

"Diffindo!"

Harry watched the curse sail at the spot that Voldemort's neck would occupy the split second it took the spell to travel all of ten feet. Riddle's eyes widened in surprise as the curse sliced thru his neck, decapitating him. The hall was silent as Riddle hit the ground and his head rolled away from his body. Harry looked around the room as silence gripped everyone. He was searching for one person in particular and saw her. Just as he opened his mouth to call to her, he saw her eyes widen.

He spun around and saw Nagini convulsing on the ground. He had forgotten to kill the snake. With horror, he watched the final soul fragment rise out of the snake. It took the form of Voldemort's head and grinned at them.

"You haven't won yet, Potter. I-"

Whatever he was about to say was quickly silenced by Hermione.

"Expecto Patronum!"

Harry saw a bright white Doe sailed over his shoulder and slammed into the wraith. He watched in morbid fascination as the wraith screamed in pain and slowly deteriorated. After several seconds, the apparition was gone. Harry walked over to the black pool of goo on the ground and aimed at the spot.