Chapter One

Ruby POV

"General Washington. There is a... Woman here, saying that she will be fighting-" I shove past a pasty man and stand tall in the Generals office.

"Ruby Rose, sir. I am more than qualified to join this war albeit I am a woman." I spoke clearly and with a confident edge.

General Washington looked at me and slowly stood up for his chair. "For me to allow a woman in my army. You must be damn good. Follow me, let's see what can do Ms. Rose."

I smirked and nodded my head in respect, stepping back and allowing Washington to lead the way. On our way I caught the eye of many soldiers.

Laughter filled the field as the General handed me a musket. I look it over before loading it within 15 seconds and raising it to eye level.

I breathe in and squint slightly. BANG. The gun fired and I let out a calm breath before letting my arm fall to my side in silence.

The target has a bullet directly in the forehead. I tilt my head and grin before turning to the General. I hand him the gun and let my hand fall to my hip.

"What is next, General?" I ask. The field silent as he handed the gun I used and his own to another soldier. "Hand to hand combat." He spoke simply and stood tall.

I grin. My father taught me to shoot a gun, throw knives, and hand to hand combat. "Alright." I say and get in a defensive position.

I let out a deep breath as Washington raises his fist to punch me. I grab his wrist and twist it with ease. I use his own momentum to toss him over my shoulder and onto the ground.

The field erupted in encouragement for the General. I hold my hand out to help him up. Washington grabs my wrist and pulls himself up before landing a kick to my chest.

I slide back and use my heels to dig into the ground to stop myself but I still fall to my knees. Washington advanced towards me.

A quick scan of the environment revealed a few possibilities. I did a barrel roll to the left and kick the General in the side.

He stumbled back onto one knee and I grabbed his shoulders before slamming my knee into his stomach. Washington fell onto his side before yielding.

I kneel down next to the General and help him back up. "I apologize, I cannot exactly switch off the amount of force I pack in my movements, General."

Washington took a breath and shook his head stepping back slightly once he got onto his feet. "You have proved beyond a doubt of you ability. Welcome to war, Ruby Rose."

His words filled my ears and a bright smile filled my features. I take a knee and bow my head in respect. "Thank you General Washington. You will not regret your decision."

He nodded to me with a smile. "You will be staying in tent K. With Hamilton, Lorens, Mulligan, and Lafayette." I turn my head spot a group of men waving at me.

"You should get settled." I nod my head and the General walked away. The man who escorted me to Washington's office handed me my bag and musket.

I thanked him before heading to my tentmates. "Hello. Could you show me where our tent is?" I ask and they kinda stood there before one finally spoke up.

"Ah, yes, follow me, ma cherie." I raised my eyebrow at him and nodded before following him. The other finally began speaking as well.

"How- when- Who taught you to fight like that?" A short man asked me. "My father taught me. Elijah Rose. My name is Ruby Rose, by the way. What is yours?" I ask as I walk into our tent and set my stuff down on the empty cot in the corner.

They all introduced themselves as I settled my things. "It is nice to meet you all. Do you know were a bar is around here?" I ask them.

"We were actually heading to one when we saw you' how you say?' Kicking the generals ass, Ma cherie." I blushed lightly and shook my head.

"I didn't 'Kick his ass'" I say and put my hand on hip and realize that Lafayette was looking me up and down. I ran my fingers through my hair before snapping my fingers in his face.

"Enjoying the view, mon ami?" I tease and step a bit closer to him. I have to look up due to his height. "Let's head to the bar, Oui?" I tease and tap his chest before slipping past him and out of the tent.

Lafayette POV

I couldn't believe how beautiful this woman was. Or how badass. I must have been staring because her sweet voice broke my thoughts.

"Enjoying the view, mon ami?" She teased. I coughed slightly as she walked closer to me and placed her hand on my chest.

"Let's head to that bar, Oui?" She spoke and gently tapped my chest before letting her hand slide off of my chest as she walked out of the tent.

Once her shadow disappeared the guys burst into laughter and I turned to them. "Damn, Lafayette. Falling for her already?" Hamilton teased. "Lucky Bastard." Mulligan mumbled playfully as we all headed to the bar.